Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Migrating to RC2 - driver not found
[CDO] Migrating to RC2 - driver not found [message #687121] Wed, 01 June 2011 14:09 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by:

I updated CDO from an earlier milestone to RC2 (20110528) and noticed
that Hibernate store now requires Hibernate 3.6. Since it was not on
net4j.sourceforge.net, I switched to elver.org where I found it and
installed together with dom4j and javax.persistence and newer version of
MySQL driver. Unfortunately I'm now getting ClassNotFoundException:
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. I tried to go back to the previous version of the
driver (5.1.7) but that didn't help. Hibernate just can't see the
driver. Any ideas?

Michal

org.hibernate.HibernateException: JDBC Driver class not found:
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at
org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:89)
at
org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:143)
at
org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:84)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createConnectionProvider(SettingsFactory.java:459)
at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:91)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettingsInternal(Configuration.java:2833)
at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2829)
at
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1840)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernatePackageHandler.getSessionFactory(HibernatePackageHandler.java:286)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernatePackageHandler.getSystemInformation(HibernatePackageHandler.java:386)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernateStore.getSystemInformation(HibernateStore.java:575)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernateStore.getCreationTime(HibernateStore.java:409)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.Repository.doActivate(Repository.java:1555)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.activate(Lifecycle.java:72)
at
org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.activate(LifecycleUtil.java:99)
at
org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.activate(LifecycleUtil.java:89)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.CDOServerUtil.addRepository(CDOServerUtil.java:201)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.server.RepositoryConfigurator.configure(RepositoryConfigurator.java:110)
at
org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.bundle.CDOServerApplication.doStart(CDOServerApplication.java:61)
at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.OSGiApplication.start(OSGiApplication.java:61)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.AnyThreadAppLauncher.run(AnyThreadAppLauncher.java:26)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
at
org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
at org.hibernate.util.ReflectHelper.classForName(ReflectHelper.java:192)
at
org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:84)
... 22 more
Re: [CDO] Migrating to RC2 - driver not found [message #687126 is a reply to message #687121] Thu, 02 June 2011 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Hi Michal,

All our p2 repositories (except the composite ones) contain an HTML page that, among other things, points to a bookmarks.xml file:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/emf-cdo-integration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/result/site.p2/index.html
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/emf-cdo-integration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/result/site.p2/bookmarks.xml

You can import this XML file into p2 (--> Available Software Sites) so that all needed dependencies are located/installed automatically.

BUT: In the case of Hibernate I always experienced problems that are possibly caused by ambiguous contributions from multiple projects. I could always work around that by *pre-installing* all features from the Elver.org repository.

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Am 01.06.2011 16:09, schrieb Michał Tkacz:
> I updated CDO from an earlier milestone to RC2 (20110528) and noticed that Hibernate store now requires Hibernate 3.6. Since it was not on net4j.sourceforge.net, I switched to elver.org where I found it and installed together with dom4j and javax.persistence and newer version of MySQL driver. Unfortunately I'm now getting ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. I tried to go back to the previous version of the driver (5.1.7) but that didn't help. Hibernate just can't see the driver. Any ideas?
>
> Michal
>
> org.hibernate.HibernateException: JDBC Driver class not found: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:89)
> at org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:143)
> at org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:84)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createConnectionProvider(SettingsFactory.java:459)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:91)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettingsInternal(Configuration.java:2833)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2829)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1840)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernatePackageHandler.getSessionFactory(HibernatePackageHandler.java:286)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernatePackageHandler.getSystemInformation(HibernatePackageHandler.java:386)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernateStore.getSystemInformation(HibernateStore.java:575)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernateStore.getCreationTime(HibernateStore.java:409)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.Repository.doActivate(Repository.java:1555)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.activate(Lifecycle.java:72)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.activate(LifecycleUtil.java:99)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.activate(LifecycleUtil.java:89)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.CDOServerUtil.addRepository(CDOServerUtil.java:201)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.server.RepositoryConfigurator.configure(RepositoryConfigurator.java:110)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.bundle.CDOServerApplication.doStart(CDOServerApplication.java:61)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.OSGiApplication.start(OSGiApplication.java:61)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.AnyThreadAppLauncher.run(AnyThreadAppLauncher.java:26)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
> at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
> at org.hibernate.util.ReflectHelper.classForName(ReflectHelper.java:192)
> at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:84)
> ... 22 more

Re: [CDO] Migrating to RC2 - driver not found [message #687363 is a reply to message #687121] Thu, 02 June 2011 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Michal,

All our p2 repositories (except the composite ones) contain an HTML page that, among other things, points to a bookmarks.xml file:

https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/emf-cdo-integration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/result/site.p2/index.html
https://hudson.eclipse.org/hudson/job/emf-cdo-integration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/result/site.p2/bookmarks.xml

You can import this XML file into p2 (--> Available Software Sites) so that all needed dependencies are located/installed automatically.

BUT: In the case of Hibernate I always experienced problems that are possibly caused by ambiguous contributions from multiple projects. I could always work around that by *pre-installing* all features from the Elver.org repository.

Cheers
/Eike

----

Am 01.06.2011 16:09, schrieb Michał Tkacz:
> I updated CDO from an earlier milestone to RC2 (20110528) and noticed that Hibernate store now requires Hibernate 3.6. Since it was not on net4j.sourceforge.net, I switched to elver.org where I found it and installed together with dom4j and javax.persistence and newer version of MySQL driver. Unfortunately I'm now getting ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver. I tried to go back to the previous version of the driver (5.1.7) but that didn't help. Hibernate just can't see the driver. Any ideas?
>
> Michal
>
> org.hibernate.HibernateException: JDBC Driver class not found: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:89)
> at org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:143)
> at org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvider(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:84)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createConnectionProvider(SettingsFactory.java:459)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:91)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettingsInternal(Configuration.java:2833)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2829)
> at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.java:1840)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernatePackageHandler.getSessionFactory(HibernatePackageHandler.java:286)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernatePackageHandler.getSystemInformation(HibernatePackageHandler.java:386)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernateStore.getSystemInformation(HibernateStore.java:575)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.internal.hibernate.HibernateStore.getCreationTime(HibernateStore.java:409)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.Repository.doActivate(Repository.java:1555)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.Lifecycle.activate(Lifecycle.java:72)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.activate(LifecycleUtil.java:99)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.lifecycle.LifecycleUtil.activate(LifecycleUtil.java:89)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.CDOServerUtil.addRepository(CDOServerUtil.java:201)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.spi.server.RepositoryConfigurator.configure(RepositoryConfigurator.java:110)
> at org.eclipse.emf.cdo.internal.server.bundle.CDOServerApplication.doStart(CDOServerApplication.java:61)
> at org.eclipse.net4j.util.om.OSGiApplication.start(OSGiApplication.java:61)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
> at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.AnyThreadAppLauncher.run(AnyThreadAppLauncher.java:26)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:506)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:422)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
> at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
> at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
> at org.hibernate.util.ReflectHelper.classForName(ReflectHelper.java:192)
> at org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.configure(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:84)
> ... 22 more

Re: [CDO] Migrating to RC2 - driver not found [message #692993 is a reply to message #687363] Tue, 05 July 2011 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rumburak r is currently offline rumburak rFriend
Hi,

I have the same problem with Hibernate 3.6.0 and its dependencies installed from the Elver update site. But if I put "DynamicImport-Package: *" into this hibernate plugin's OSGi manifest file, it works and the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver class can be found.
I have installed the previous version Hibernate 3.3.2 from the sourceforge update site and I have no driver problem but the hibernate plugin manifest file from the sourceforge already has the "DynamicImport-Package" header.
Did the "DynamicImport-Package" header become obsolete in the Hibernate 3.6.0 bundle?

Regards,
Rumburak
Re: [CDO] Migrating to RC2 - driver not found [message #693030 is a reply to message #692993] Tue, 05 July 2011 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Am 05.07.2011 17:37, schrieb rumburak:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem with Hibernate 3.6.0 and its dependencies installed from the Elver update site. But if I put "DynamicImport-Package: *" into this hibernate plugin's OSGi manifest file, it works and the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver class can be found.
> I have installed the previous version Hibernate 3.3.2 from the sourceforge update site and I have no driver problem but the hibernate plugin manifest file from the sourceforge already has the "DynamicImport-Package" header. Did the "DynamicImport-Package" header become obsolete in the Hibernate 3.6.0 bundle?
I've cc'ed Martin for this question.

Cheers
/Eike

----

Re: [CDO] Migrating to RC2 - driver not found [message #693080 is a reply to message #693030] Tue, 05 July 2011 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
I created a new hibernate plugin on the elver.org update site. Can you give it a try?

gr. Martin

On 07/05/2011 06:30 PM, Eike Stepper wrote:
> Am 05.07.2011 17:37, schrieb rumburak:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have the same problem with Hibernate 3.6.0 and its dependencies installed from the Elver update site. But if I put
>> "DynamicImport-Package: *" into this hibernate plugin's OSGi manifest file, it works and the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>> class can be found.
>> I have installed the previous version Hibernate 3.3.2 from the sourceforge update site and I have no driver problem
>> but the hibernate plugin manifest file from the sourceforge already has the "DynamicImport-Package" header. Did the
>> "DynamicImport-Package" header become obsolete in the Hibernate 3.6.0 bundle?
> I've cc'ed Martin for this question.
>
> Cheers
> /Eike
>
> ----
> http://www.esc-net.de
> http://thegordian.blogspot.com
> http://twitter.com/eikestepper
>
>

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [CDO] Migrating to RC2 - driver not found [message #693375 is a reply to message #693080] Wed, 06 July 2011 11:00 Go to previous message
rumburak r is currently offline rumburak rFriend
Martin taal wrote on Tue, 05 July 2011 14:23
I created a new hibernate plugin on the elver.org update site. Can you give it a try?

gr. Martin

Thanks Martin, the new hibernate plugin (version="3.6.0.201107052015") works fine. Now I have no problem with the mysql driver.

Regards,
Rumburak
Previous Topic:Wizard to create EMF model file
Next Topic:Retrieving the parent siblings on an EObject
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:53:08 GMT 2024