Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Strange issue with selection provider
Strange issue with selection provider [message #686054] Tue, 21 June 2011 14:21 Go to next message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hello,
I noticed a strange behavior in my application, I have a job that programmatically open/activate a view when a job is finished.
Sometimes, if the job is too short, so the progress dialog is not displayed, it seems to break selection provider, as the focus remains on the activated view.

It is quite hard for me to explain, so in order to illustrate, I manage to write a simple snippet with 2 views, "View" and "OtherView" by right-clicking on a tree item on "OtherView", a menu "My Action for current selection" menu should be displayed.
On coolbar,
"Long Running" action simulates a long running job that programmatically activate "View"
"Short Running" action simulates a short running job that programmatically activate "View"

-launch snippet.focus application
-click on "Long running" action on coolbar
- "View" takes focus.
- right-click on some item in "OtherView", you should see "My Action for current selection" menu.
-then click on "Short running" action on coolbar
-"View" takes focus.
- right-click on some item in "OtherView", the menu does not appear, as the view OtherView does not take focus. The only way to have it taking focus is to click on the header tab of the view.

In my case, this kind of behavior occurs only if the progress dialog is not shown, if the dialog is shown, everything works as expected.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2011 14:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Strange issue with selection provider [message #686092 is a reply to message #686054] Tue, 21 June 2011 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Furnadjiev is currently offline Ivan FurnadjievFriend
Hi Arnaud,
you forgot to mention which version of RAP are you using. Did you check your code in RCP? If it's working there it's probably a bug in RAP. Could you open a bugzilla with this test project attached to it?
Thanks,
Ivan
Re: Strange issue with selection provider [message #686433 is a reply to message #686092] Wed, 22 June 2011 08:44 Go to previous message
Arnaud MERGEY is currently offline Arnaud MERGEYFriend
Hi Ivan,
Thanks for the reply,
Yes I forgot to mention, I used RAP 1.4 RC3

In RCP it works as expected, so I have created https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=350016
Previous Topic:Is there browser viewer (just like tree viewer) ?
Next Topic:[RAP] TableViewer multiline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:22:20 GMT 2024