Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Scroll bar not behaving as expected in a tabbed properties view.(Scroll bar not behaving as expected in a tabbed properties view.)
Scroll bar not behaving as expected in a tabbed properties view. [message #686027] Tue, 21 June 2011 12:41 Go to next message
Gouri Shanker Chekatmarla is currently offline Gouri Shanker ChekatmarlaFriend
I have attached 4 screen shots explaining the issue. Also I have attached my plugin project as a zip file. Unzip and import this project into eclipse and run the application in the PDE perspective.(Please let me know if you need more info. on running a plugin project.)

After launching the eclipse with this plugin, do the following steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Goto Windows --> Show View --> Other --> Tabbed Properties View --> Tabbed Properties Example View. Open this view.
2. A new view will be opened as shown in Image1.
3. Now again goto Windows --> Show View --> Properties. Open the properties view.
4. Arrange the views as shown in Image1.

index.php/fa/3079/0/

5. Click on the text 'Button' in the Tabbed Properties Example View. This will open a 'General' property section in the Properties View as shown in all the images.

6. In the Properties View, General tab , click on the button 'Click to Add' multiple times which adds child elements to a Tree Viewer. Add elements until you get a scroll bar for the Tree Viewer as shown in Image2.

index.php/fa/3080/0/

7. Now resize the Properties View to increase the height as shown in the Image3.
index.php/fa/3081/0/

The scroll bar for the Tree Viewer disappears.

8. When I resize the Properties View to decrease the height as shown in Image4, a scroll bar appears for the properties view instead of the Tree Viewer.

index.php/fa/3082/0/

How do I get the scroll bar back for the Tree Viewer ?

Thanks In Advance
--Gouri.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2011 12:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Scroll bar not behaving as expected in a tabbed properties view. [message #689309 is a reply to message #686027] Mon, 27 June 2011 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gouri Shanker Chekatmarla is currently offline Gouri Shanker ChekatmarlaFriend
My Observations :

After the step 7 (Image 3), whether I move the Properties View sash up or down, the height of the TreeViewer is increased (hence the scroll bar disappears).

If I can stop the resizing of the TreeViewer when I resize the Properties View then my problem is solved.

Thanks
Gouri
Re: Scroll bar not behaving as expected in a tabbed properties view. [message #689638 is a reply to message #689309] Tue, 28 June 2011 03:34 Go to previous message
Eclipse user Chennai is currently offline Eclipse user ChennaiFriend

You can fix this issue by setting heightHint value for the widgets.

~Barani
Previous Topic:SWT TrayItem Image not scaling properly on Mac OSX
Next Topic:Popup menu on DateTime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:13:44 GMT 2024