Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » "Real time" content assist(How does it work?)
"Real time" content assist [message #685966] Tue, 21 June 2011 06:53 Go to next message
MarcoGT  is currently offline MarcoGT Friend
Hello,

I am going on with my work on content assist with proposals taken from external xml file.

One question: default content assist re-computes proposals every time the "match string" is modified and the box is filled with new proposals.

At the moment my content assist must be recalled (CTLR+Space bar) every time the "match string" is modified.

How to do it as the default one?

My content assist at the moment makes an XPath query every time you call it (with CTRL+Space bar) but probably the best solution is to load all the result at the beginning and then filter them during typing...isn't it?

Which is the class responsible that does this task?
I think it is not inside org.eclipse.wst.xml.ui...

Thanks
Marco

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2011 13:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Real time" content assist [message #686097 is a reply to message #685966] Tue, 21 June 2011 17:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Sandonato is currently offline Nick SandonatoFriend
Hi Marco,

Do you have your own ICompletionProposal? Most often when I've seen this problem is when ICompletionProposalExtension2 is not implemented or ICompletionProposalExtension2#validate() is implemented incorrectly.

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2011 17:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: "Real time" content assist [message #686362 is a reply to message #686097] Wed, 22 June 2011 05:18 Go to previous message
MarcoGT  is currently offline MarcoGT Friend
I have implemented my content assist as suggested here using "CustomCompletionProposal" and then "contentAssistRequest.addProposal(CustomCompletionProposal).

Another thing that I have seen is:

if I write "t" and then press CTRL+Space content assist ok, then I write "test" and to get the proposals I have to recall the content assist again...but if I start to delete "test" the content assist is recalled automatically for every deleted char.

Thanks
Marco

Previous Topic:WTP server adapter - new extension points for UI modification
Next Topic:StructuredDocument - requesting re-parse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:07:04 GMT 2024