Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Can the output PDF Version be controlled by BIRT?
Can the output PDF Version be controlled by BIRT? [message #685942] Mon, 20 June 2011 21:17 Go to next message
Steve Bliss is currently offline Steve BlissFriend
I googled/searched for an answer to the following situation, but came up empty. My Google-fu is weak today.

We are running BIRT 2.3.1 embedded in a J2EE application, generating postscript and PDF files by the hundreds (soon to be by the thousands).

I've gotten a request to have BIRT create the PDF files to be compatible with Acrobat 4.x. That is, the PDF has to be in PDF version 1.3. Currently, the PDFs are flagged as PDF version 1.4 / Acrobat 5.x.

Is this something easily 'do-able' in BIRT? Perhaps less easily 'do-able', but still possible? Links to examples or information would be most appreciated?

Steve
Re: Can the output PDF Version be controlled by BIRT? [message #686064 is a reply to message #685942] Tue, 21 June 2011 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Steve,

I am not sure this will work but you could try modifying the source code for the pdf emitter.
Open PDFPageDevice.java and in the two constructors the writer is created. add
writer.setPdfVersion(PdfWriter.VERSION_1_3);
right after the writer is created.

Jason
Re: Can the output PDF Version be controlled by BIRT? [message #686105 is a reply to message #686064] Tue, 21 June 2011 18:15 Go to previous message
Steve Bliss is currently offline Steve BlissFriend
I don't think that's a direction we can pursue at this time, but I appreciate your response - it definitely provides a target for expectations.

Steve
Previous Topic:Passing oracel funtions to BIRT report
Next Topic:Want to see the enhancements you need in the next BIRT release? Vote for them!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:09:31 GMT 2024