Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How get a reference to debugtarget and breakpoint in debug perspective?(Assume execution is suspended by a breakpoint, what is the standard way of accessing to the breakpoint and debugtarget objects?)
How get a reference to debugtarget and breakpoint in debug perspective? [message #685385] Fri, 17 June 2011 12:11 Go to next message
Salman Mirghasemi is currently offline Salman MirghasemiFriend
When I was trying to add a new Action to variables view in Debug perspective, I realized that most implemented actions first get access to the selected object (here a variable) and then traverse this object properties to access other data.
Here is my question: How can one access the DebugTarget and the Breakpoint caused suspension directly?
Re: How get a reference to debugtarget and breakpoint in debug perspective? [message #685397 is a reply to message #685385] Fri, 17 June 2011 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most view objects (variables, threads, etc.) contain a JDIDebugElement object which has a reference to DebugTarget object. It is also possible to get the current breakpoint from JDIThread object by getBreakpoints() function.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2011 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How get a reference to debugtarget and breakpoint in debug perspective? [message #685903 is a reply to message #685397] Mon, 20 June 2011 15:17 Go to previous message
Why JDILocalVariable.getStackFrame is protected? Any other way to access the stack frame?

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2011 15:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[Solved] Remove expand/collapse button in Package Explorer view
Next Topic:auto-code completion key-board shortcut
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:19:16 GMT 2024