Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » installing new software in background(how to bring it back to foreground?)
installing new software in background [message #685219] Fri, 17 June 2011 03:56 Go to next message
freetochoose is currently offline freetochooseFriend
Hi:

I accidentally clicked on do it in background and now I cannot bring it back to foreground. Is there a way to do that? Somehow, usually after it finishes, it asks
me to restart Eclipse. Now it does not do it. So I am not sure if the software is installed correctly or not.

By the way, the preferred method for installing software seems to be using an update site. But sometimes this is quite slow because of the internet connection. And I cannot find where to download a lot of software is a zip file. Is there a standard place to download the zip file. Also sometimes when I have downloaded the zip file and choose the option local archive to install a software, Eclipse complains that it cannot find the software or something similar to it. But the same zip file sometimes works. I think the easiest way to install is just download the zip file and unzip it into the Eclipse directory.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ftc
Re: installing new software in background [message #686211 is a reply to message #685219] Tue, 21 June 2011 20:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Pellaton is currently offline Michael PellatonFriend
Hi

AFAIK you cannot get a job back to into a modal progress dialog once it was sent to the background. However, you may monitor all running jobs in the Progress view.

Michael
Re: installing new software in background [message #687869 is a reply to message #686211] Thu, 23 June 2011 12:27 Go to previous message
freetochoose is currently offline freetochooseFriend
thank you very much.

ftc
Previous Topic:(no subject)
Next Topic:Structured compare of three file versions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:39:18 GMT 2024