Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » BPEL Designer » open bpel file and create wsdl
open bpel file and create wsdl [message #682920] Sun, 12 June 2011 13:35 Go to next message
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi,

I 'm very new to all this. I am reading lots of things about bpel and web services in general, lately but I 'm not there yet.

I have followed the HelloWorld tutorials for creating a bpel process in eclipse, but I would like to know if it is possible to open a bpel file with it. What I mean is, if I have a ready made bpel example, can I open it with eclipse?
Could I also execute it from eclipse?
Finally, does eclipse generates Java code from BPEL in order to create the wsdl or can I generate Java from wsdl.

I am sorry about the way that I structured my questions but even though I 've read a lot of things about these, I am still confused.

Greetings,

Dinos
Re: open bpel file and create wsdl [message #685019 is a reply to message #682920] Thu, 16 June 2011 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Dinos,

Welcome to the wonderful world of BPEL! Smile

First: the BPEL Designer in eclipse is only useful for writing and visualizing BPEL processes. You will need to install an execution engine like Apache ODE or JBoss Riftsaw if you want to actually run your BPEL process. Further, unless you're only interested in sending "hello world" messages to your running BPEL process, you should also become familiar with web services in general and how to invoke them. There are lots of resources available on the internet.

Second: yes the eclipse tooling is BPEL 2.0 compliant, so you should be able to import existing BPEL, WSDL and XSD files from other sources and view/edit them in eclipse.

Have fun!
Bob
Re: open bpel file and create wsdl [message #685022 is a reply to message #685019] Thu, 16 June 2011 17:04 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Oh, and one last point: there's no such thing as a "dumb question" Wink
Previous Topic:Eclipse BPEL - Apache ODE - MySql database
Next Topic:connecting to a RESTful webservice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 14:00:24 GMT 2024