Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula 1.0.0 release
icon7.gif  Jubula 1.0.0 release [message #682169] Fri, 10 June 2011 14:48 Go to next message
Achim Loerke is currently offline Achim LoerkeFriend

We have had 8 taxing month since we started the Eclipse Jubula project in fall 2010 but now we are proud that Jubula passed the Graduation/Release Review last Wednesday.

With this review Jubula leaves the Incubation state as an Eclipse project. We've chosen to start with an 1.0.0 version.

This release will be part of the Indigo release on June 22, 2011. You may install it as a feature in your Eclipse or download the "Eclipse for Testers" package just like the other packages(i.e. Java, RCP/RAP, Scout etc.).

A custom version which is easily installable is avaible on the Jubula download page.

Thanks for all the help we received during this time, especially to Markus Knauer who helped a lot setting up the (package) builds.

Achim

Achim Lörke

Re: Jubula 1.0.0 release [message #688252 is a reply to message #682169] Fri, 24 June 2011 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas  is currently offline Andreas Friend
Hi!

Is there a list of changed features for 1.0? I am wondering if an upgrade is worth the risk.

Regards
Andreas
Re: Jubula 1.0.0 release [message #688263 is a reply to message #688252] Fri, 24 June 2011 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Since 1.0.0 is the first release of Jubula I'm not sure what upgrade you'll want to do Smile . However there is a New & Noteworthy page.

If you have an GUIdancer license and want to know what's the difference between GUIdancer and Jubula, please read the Feature and benefit matrix.

To do risk assessment we'd need a little more information about your usage of Jubula. We're using it in our internal tests and haven't had any upgrade problems.

- Achim

Achim Lörke

Re: Jubula 1.0.0 release [message #688292 is a reply to message #688263] Fri, 24 June 2011 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas  is currently offline Andreas Friend
Upgrade/ Update - whatever... Smile -- The idea is to move from 0.9 to 1.0.

I tried Jubula on a project and am quite happy with it. I simply don't want to lose anything by opening the project with 1.0. Neither would I want to lock out my co-workers.

I guess the Bug List is pretty much what I was looking for.

/Andreas
(no subject) [message #688294 is a reply to message #688263] Fri, 24 June 2011 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: <forums-noreply

Upgrade/ Update - whatever... :) -- The idea is to move from 0.9 to 1.0.

I tried Jubula on a project and am quite happy with it. I simply don't want to lose anything by opening the project with 1.0. Neither would I want to lock out my co-workers.

I guess the Bug List is pretty much what I was looking for.

/Andreas
Re: (no subject) [message #688296 is a reply to message #688294] Fri, 24 June 2011 11:45 Go to previous message

If you are using one of the RC[1..4] versions you should be able to continue working with the same database. If you're using the EclipseCon demo version I believe there has been a schema update and you have to export (with the old version) and re-import your project. Older version won't be able to use the new schema.

The handling of db version conflicts will change (to the better) in the near future, probably with SR1 in September.

It's save to just try this, if the schemas are incompatible Jubula will tell you.

- Achim

Achim Lörke

Previous Topic:Testing of a ToggleButton
Next Topic:Connecting to Website and Testing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:44:53 GMT 2024