Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Preprocessor flags(Where are they?)
Preprocessor flags [message #677673] Thu, 09 June 2011 06:33 Go to next message
RedSonja  is currently offline RedSonja Friend
I am porting C++ from Windows/VS to Solaris/Eclipse/gcc. Eclipse version 3.3.1.1.

Before I moved it to the sun it I compiled it all under Windows/Eclipse/gcc, Galileo, doesn't want to admit to a version. Now the Galileo/gcc seems to have a preprocessor flag __GNUC__, fine, I can hide stuff I don't want VS to read.

On the Sun it has this flag too, but the gccs behave differently, have different include files etc, so I need another flag for Solaris-gcc. Is there one? How can I see the preprocessor flags under Eclipse, how can I set them myself?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I am new to this.

edit: with a bit of testing I discovered __GNUC__ has a value. Under Windows/Eclipse/gcc it is 3, under Solaris/Eclipse/gcc it is 4. So I can write #if __GNUC__ >= 4 etc. All the same, I would still like to know where I can see this in Eclipse, and if there is a table to tell me what value __GNUC__ has for different gcc versions, because we are planning to port this thing to other systems too.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2011 07:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Preprocessor flags [message #677774 is a reply to message #677673] Thu, 09 June 2011 10:58 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You want the C/C++ forum (CDT). They should be able to tell you if you can see that.

PW

Previous Topic:WARNING: Prevented recursive attempt to activate part...
Next Topic:lazy common navigator ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:53:37 GMT 2024