Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer
Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #677075] Tue, 07 June 2011 13:49 Go to next message
jyo  is currently offline jyo Friend
Hi, my application is J2EE web application based on struts/spring and hibernate. I decided to use BIRT Report Viewer for the reporting needs as it has very cool features embedded. I am able to successfully integrate the BIRT VIEWER to my application and the report I created showing up fine.

I have below two questions:
I have noticed that ReportEngine<timestamp>.log file is generating each time web viewer is called. I am trying redirecting all the report engine logs to one log file using log4j configuration. I understand that I need to set the loggers in viewer.properties. I need an example of viewer.properties which has Loggers set. I use log4j.xml for my application; just wondering how I can set the appender that I defined in log4j.xml to viewer.properties? Any input is appreciated.
Below are the parameters I set in web.xml;
<context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_DIR</param-name>
<param-value>c:/appl/logs</param-value>
</context-param>

<!-- Report engine log level -->
<context-param>
<param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_LEVEL</param-name>
<param-value>INFO</param-value>
</context-param>

Thank you in advance!
-Jyothi
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #677199 is a reply to message #677075] Tue, 07 June 2011 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Have you seen this wiki page:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Deployment#Q:_Can_I_use_Log4j_with_BIRT.3F

Jason

On 6/7/2011 9:49 AM, forums-noreply@eclipse.org wrote:
> Hi, my application is J2EE web application based on struts/spring and
> hibernate. I decided to use BIRT Report Viewer for the reporting needs
> as it has very cool features embedded. I am able to successfully
> integrate the BIRT VIEWER to my application and the report I created
> showing up fine.
>
> I have below two questions:
> I have noticed that ReportEngine<timestamp>.log file is generating each
> time web viewer is called. I am trying redirecting all the report engine
> logs to one log file using log4j configuration. I understand that I need
> to set the loggers in viewer.properties. I need an example of
> viewer.properties which has Loggers set. I use log4j.xml for my
> application; just wondering how I can set the appender that I defined in
> log4j.xml to viewer.properties? Any input is appreciated.
> Below are the parameters I set in web.xml;
> <context-param>
> <param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_DIR</param-name>
> <param-value>c:/appl/logs</param-value>
> </context-param>
>
> <!-- Report engine log level -->
> <context-param>
> <param-name>BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_LEVEL</param-name>
> <param-value>INFO</param-value>
> </context-param>
>
> Thank you in advance!
> -Jyothi
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #677285 is a reply to message #677199] Wed, 08 June 2011 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason, Thank you for the reply. yes, I have seen that wiki page and I am little confused. So, by following those steps, ReportEngine<timestamp>.log files won't be created? For me still those files are creating. may be somestep I am missing...I wonder by using Viewer, how I can override the default logger the birt viewer is using? can you point me to some other detail example??

Thanks!
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #677534 is a reply to message #677285] Wed, 08 June 2011 18:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Let me check with the dev team to try and work up an example.

Jason

On 6/7/2011 11:07 PM, forums-noreply@eclipse.org wrote:
> Hi Jason, Thank you for the reply. yes, I have seen that wiki page and
> I am little confused. So, by following those steps,
> ReportEngine<timestamp>.log files won't be created? For me still those
> files are creating. may be somestep I am missing...I wonder by using
> Viewer, how I can override the default logger the birt viewer is using?
> can you point me to some other detail example??
>
> Thanks!
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #677574 is a reply to message #677534] Wed, 08 June 2011 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, that would be great, Thanks in advance Jason!
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #685445 is a reply to message #677574] Fri, 17 June 2011 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am posting my question on report engine logs here again -
when I deploy the webapp in the tomcat which runs on linux server, the logs are writing to the catalina.out even though the ReportEngine<timestamp>.log (which gets created each time I restart the server) file gets created under the directory BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_DIR I specified in web.xml; but those files remain empty. In my local machine (windows) the logs are writing to ReportEngine<timestamp>.log. I am not sure why.

Adn also is there any work up example on log4j configuration?

Thank you again!
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #685460 is a reply to message #685445] Fri, 17 June 2011 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I would look for logging properties files differences between the
deployments. Look in your app server and your java home. We are trying
to work up a log4j example but it is not done yet.

Jason

On 6/17/2011 10:26 AM, jyo wrote:
> I am posting my question on report engine logs here again - when I
> deploy the webapp in the tomcat which runs on linux server, the logs are
> writing to the catalina.out even though the ReportEngine<timestamp>.log
> (which gets created each time I restart the server) file gets created
> under the directory BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_DIR I specified in web.xml; but
> those files remain empty. In my local machine (windows) the logs are
> writing to ReportEngine<timestamp>.log. I am not sure why.
>
>
> Adn also is there any work up example on log4j configuration?
>
> Thank you again!
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #709334 is a reply to message #685460] Wed, 03 August 2011 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Fri, 17 June 2011 10:43
I would look for logging properties files differences between the
deployments. Look in your app server and your java home. We are trying
to work up a log4j example but it is not done yet.

Jason

Hi Jason, just a follow-up on this, please point me if log4j example is posted anywhere. Thank you!
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #709928 is a reply to message #709334] Thu, 04 August 2011 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I logged a bug to get this supported in the WebViewer:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353884

Jason

On 8/3/2011 4:10 PM, jyo wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Fri, 17 June 2011 10:43
>> I would look for logging properties files differences between the
>> deployments. Look in your app server and your java home. We are trying
>> to work up a log4j example but it is not done yet.
>>
>> Jason
>
>
> Hi Jason, just a follow-up on this, please point me if log4j example is
> posted anywhere. Thank you!
>
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #710028 is a reply to message #709928] Thu, 04 August 2011 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 04 August 2011 09:32
I logged a bug to get this supported in the WebViewer:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353884

Thanks Jason for logging the bug.

For time being with JDK logging, I am trying to understand why logs are wrting to catalina.out of Tomcat, but not in the ReportEnging<timestamp>.log file; can you give me some ideas why that's happening? and how I can redirect the birt logs to write in ReportEngine<timestamp>.log not in catalina.out?

Thank you for all input on this.

-Jyo
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #710049 is a reply to message #710028] Thu, 04 August 2011 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Are you setting a log directory in the web.xml of the viewer?

Jason

On 8/4/2011 11:48 AM, jyo wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 04 August 2011 09:32
>> I logged a bug to get this supported in the WebViewer:
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=353884
>
>
> Thanks Jason for logging the bug.
>
> For time being with JDK logging, I am trying to understand why logs are
> wrting to catalina.out of Tomcat, but not in the
> ReportEnging<timestamp>.log file; can you give me some ideas why that's
> happening? and how I can redirect the birt logs to write in
> ReportEngine<timestamp>.log not in catalina.out?
>
> Thank you for all input on this.
>
> -Jyo
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #710111 is a reply to message #710049] Thu, 04 August 2011 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 04 August 2011 12:09
Are you setting a log directory in the web.xml of the viewer?

Jason

yes, I am setting the BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_DIR log direcory in web.xml, the ReportEngine log files created under directory I specified, but logs still writing under catalina.out.

And I understand that If we don't specify any value for BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_DIR in web.xml, by default the log files will be generated under ${birt home}/logs; I tried that one too, but ReportEngine log files are created under ${birt home}/logs but log messages are still writing to catalina.out

I am not sure why that is happening...
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #710137 is a reply to message #710111] Thu, 04 August 2011 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Do the BIRT logs contain any messages? I configured my tomcat logging
properties to ignore certain birt messages but a severe error.
I just added lines to the logging.properties file in the conf directory
of tomcat

org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.level=SEVERE
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.sampledb.SampledbPlugin.level=SEVERE

I set the log level in web.xml of the viewer to FINE and left the
location empty and the report engine log file gets created with the
right logging.

Jason

On 8/4/2011 1:58 PM, jyo wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 04 August 2011 12:09
>> Are you setting a log directory in the web.xml of the viewer?
>>
>> Jason
>
>
> yes, I am setting the BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_DIR log direcory in web.xml, the
> ReportEngine log files created under directory I specified, but logs
> still writing under catalina.out.
> And I understand that If we don't specify any value for
> BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_DIR in web.xml, by default the log files will be
> generated under ${birt home}/logs; I tried that one too, but
> ReportEngine log files are created under ${birt home}/logs but log
> messages are still writing to catalina.out
>
> I am not sure why that is happening...
>
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #710227 is a reply to message #710137] Thu, 04 August 2011 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 04 August 2011 14:35
Do the BIRT logs contain any messages? I configured my tomcat logging
properties to ignore certain birt messages but a severe error.
I just added lines to the logging.properties file in the conf directory
of tomcat

I set the log level in web.xml of the viewer to FINE and left the
location empty and the report engine log file gets created with the
right logging.

Jason

Question - Did you set this property specifiallly in tomcat classpath as JVM argument? -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/tomcat/conf/logger.properties

And also I haven't set specifially any log level or logger in logging.property in tomcat/conf/logging.properties; do I need to do that? I have set the BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_LEVEL as INFO in web.xml. The ReportEngine<timestampt>.logs are empty, all the log messages of INFO level and above are writing under calina.out (messages are listed below). Please poitn me to the right direction...

Aug 3, 2011 12:35:03 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory loadFontMappingConfig
INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk28793826/fontsConfig.xml cost 30ms
Aug 3, 2011 12:35:03 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory$2 run
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ja/X11/fonts/TT cost:1ms
Aug 3, 2011 12:35:03 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory$2 run
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_13/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ru.ansi-1251/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_15/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in d:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in C:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ar/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in e:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in C:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_2/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/tt cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/th_TH/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_8/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_7/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/truetype cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in f:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ko.UTF-8/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in g:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_5/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in f:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in d:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/ko/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_TW/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in e:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/zh_TW/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/ja/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_CN.GB18030/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/X/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:1ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/euro_fonts/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/hi_IN.UTF-8/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh.GBK/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/OTF cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_9/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_TW.BIG5/X11/fonts/TT cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ko/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_HK.BIG5HK/X11/fonts/TT cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/KOI8-R/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in g:/windows/fonts cost:1ms
Aug 3, 2011 12:35:03 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory loadFontMappingConfig
INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk28793826/fontsConfig_linux.xml cost 4ms
INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk28793826/fontsConfig_pdf.xml cost 3ms
Aug 3, 2011 12:57:42 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters processParameters
WARNING: Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored.
Aug 3, 2011 12:57:42 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.excel.layout.Page needOutputInMasterPage
WARNING: Excel page header and footer don't support html text.
Aug 3, 2011 12:59:14 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters processParameters
WARNING: Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored.
Aug 3, 2011 12:59:15 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.excel.layout.Page needOutputInMasterPage
WARNING: Excel page header and footer don't support html text.

Thanks again?
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #710262 is a reply to message #710227] Thu, 04 August 2011 21:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have this in my catalina.bat
-Djava.util.logging.config.file="%CATALINA_BASE%\conf\logging.properties"

Can you set your log level in web.xml to fine and see if anything gets
logged. Make the change in your catalina.bat. BTW I think this was
clean tomcat install.

Jason

On 8/4/2011 4:49 PM, jyo wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 04 August 2011 14:35
>> Do the BIRT logs contain any messages? I configured my tomcat logging
>> properties to ignore certain birt messages but a severe error.
>> I just added lines to the logging.properties file in the conf
>> directory of tomcat
>>
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.level=SEVERE
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.sampledb.SampledbPlugin.level=SEVERE
>>
>> I set the log level in web.xml of the viewer to FINE and left the
>> location empty and the report engine log file gets created with the
>> right logging.
>>
>> Jason
>
> Question - Did you set this property specifiallly in tomcat classpath as
> JVM argument?
> -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/tomcat/conf/logger.properties
>
> And also I haven't set specifially any log level or logger in
> logging.property in tomcat/conf/logging.properties; do I need to do
> that? I have set the BIRT_VIEWER_LOG_LEVEL as INFO in web.xml. The
> ReportEngine<timestampt>.logs are empty, all the log messages of INFO
> level and above are writing under calina.out (messages are listed
> below). Please poitn me to the right direction...
>
> Aug 3, 2011 12:35:03 PM
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory
> loadFontMappingConfig
> INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk28793826/fontsConfig.xml
> cost 30ms
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory$2
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ja/X11/fonts/TT cost:1ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_13/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ru.ansi-1251/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_15/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in d:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in C:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/truetype cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ar/X11/fonts/TrueType
> cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in e:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType
> run
> INFO: register fonts in C:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_2/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/tt cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/th_TH/X11/fonts/TrueType
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_8/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_7/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/truetype cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in f:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ko.UTF-8/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in g:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_5/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in f:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in d:/WINNT/fonts cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/ko/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_TW/X11/fonts/TrueType
> run
> INFO: register fonts in e:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/zh_TW/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/ja/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_CN.GB18030/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/default/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/X/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:1ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/euro_fonts/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/hi_IN.UTF-8/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh.GBK/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/OTF cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_9/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_TW.BIG5/X11/fonts/TT
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ko/X11/fonts/TrueType
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_HK.BIG5HK/X11/fonts/TT cost:0ms
> run
> /usr/openwin/lib/locale/KOI8-R/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh/X11/fonts/TrueType
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in g:/windows/fonts cost:1ms
> loadFontMappingConfig
> INFO: load font config in
> bundleentry://8.fwk28793826/fontsConfig_linux.xml cost 4ms
> loadFontMappingConfig
> bundleentry://8.fwk28793826/fontsConfig_pdf.xml cost 3ms
> Aug 3, 2011 12:57:42 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters
> processParameters
> WARNING: Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored.
> Aug 3, 2011 12:57:42 PM
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.excel.layout.Page
> needOutputInMasterPage
> WARNING: Excel page header and footer don't support html text.
> Aug 3, 2011 12:59:14 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.http.Parameters
> processParameters
> WARNING: Parameters: Invalid chunk ignored.
> Aug 3, 2011 12:59:15 PM
> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.emitter.excel.layout.Page
> needOutputInMasterPage
> WARNING: Excel page header and footer don't support html text.
>
> Thanks again?
>
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #714861 is a reply to message #710262] Thu, 11 August 2011 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 04 August 2011 17:20
I have this in my catalina.bat
-Djava.util.logging.config.file="%CATALINA_BASE%\conf\logging.properties"

Can you set your log level in web.xml to fine and see if anything gets
logged. Make the change in your catalina.bat. BTW I think this was
clean tomcat install.

Hi Jason,
I did set below in my /tomcat/conf/logging.properties;

and set the log level in web.xml of the viewer to FINE and now log meesages (all are FINE level) are writing to ReporteEngine<timestamp>.log and all the logs (of INFO level)that I mentioned in this email chain earlier are writing to catalina.out still; so is it working as it is supposed to?

I am just trying to to understand...And also what I can I do to make sure all the INFO, WARNING etc level messages will also write to ReportEngine<timestamp>.log file...

Thanks for all the help on this.
-Jyo
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #714876 is a reply to message #714861] Thu, 11 August 2011 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message

You should be able to turn off the ones in catalina.out.
Can you post an example of a message in the catalina.out.

Jason

On 8/11/2011 12:09 PM, jyo wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 04 August 2011 17:20
>> I have this in my catalina.bat
>> -Djava.util.logging.config.file="%CATALINA_BASE%\conf\logging.properties"
>>
>> Can you set your log level in web.xml to fine and see if anything gets
>> logged. Make the change in your catalina.bat. BTW I think this was
>> clean tomcat install.
>
>
> Hi Jason, I did set below in my /tomcat/conf/logging.properties;
> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.level=SEVERE
> org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.sampledb.SampledbPlugin.level=SEVERE
>
> and set the log level in web.xml of the viewer to FINE and now log
> meesages (all are FINE level) are writing to
> ReporteEngine<timestamp>.log and all the logs (of INFO level)that I
> mentioned in this email chain earlier are writing to catalina.out still;
> so is it working as it is supposed to?
>
> I am just trying to to understand...And also what I can I do to make
> sure all the INFO, WARNING etc level messages will also write to
> ReportEngine<timestamp>.log file...
>
> Thanks for all the help on this.
> -Jyo
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #714890 is a reply to message #714876] Thu, 11 August 2011 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 11 August 2011 12:22
You should be able to turn off the ones in catalina.out.
Can you post an example of a message in the catalina.out.

Jason

Below messages are captured from catalina.out.
I believe they are writing one time when tomcat is started, but I am expecting them in ReportEngine<timestamp>.log. Please correct me if I am wrong...

And also if I leave the log level in web.xml of the viewer to FINE, it will fill-out the log files very fast. INFO should be ok in web.xml, right?

Aug 11, 2011 8:28:35 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory loadFontMappingConfig
INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk16384148/fontsConfig.xml cost 17ms
Aug 11, 2011 8:28:35 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory$2 run
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ja/X11/fonts/TT cost:0ms
Aug 11, 2011 8:28:35 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory$2 run
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_13/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ru.ansi-1251/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_15/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_2/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/th_TH/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_8/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_7/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ko.UTF-8/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_5/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/ko/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_TW/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_CN.GB18030/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/X/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/euro_fonts/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/hi_IN.UTF-8/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh.GBK/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/iso_8859_9/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_TW.BIG5/X11/fonts/TT cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/zh_HK.BIG5HK/X11/fonts/TT cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/KOI8-R/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in g:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
Aug 11, 2011 8:28:35 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory loadFontMappingConfig
INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk16384148/fontsConfig_linux.xml cost 2ms
INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk16384148/fontsConfig_pdf.xml cost 2ms
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #714902 is a reply to message #714890] Thu, 11 August 2011 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Can you try adding:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory.level=SEVERE
to the logging properties file underneath the other two you have?

Jason

On 8/11/2011 1:09 PM, jyo wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 11 August 2011 12:22
>> You should be able to turn off the ones in catalina.out.
>> Can you post an example of a message in the catalina.out.
>>
>> Jason
>
>
> Below messages are captured from catalina.out. I believe they are
> writing one time when tomcat is started, but I am expecting them in
> ReportEngine<timestamp>.log. Please correct me if I am wrong...
>
> And also if I leave the log level in web.xml of the viewer to FINE, it
> will fill-out the log files very fast. INFO should be ok in web.xml, right?
>
>
> Aug 11, 2011 8:28:35 AM
> loadFontMappingConfig
> INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk16384148/fontsConfig.xml
> cost 17ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ja/X11/fonts/TT cost:0ms
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/ko/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/X/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> INFO: register fonts in g:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
> loadFontMappingConfig
> bundleentry://8.fwk16384148/fontsConfig_linux.xml cost 2ms
> loadFontMappingConfig
> bundleentry://8.fwk16384148/fontsConfig_pdf.xml cost 2ms
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #714924 is a reply to message #714902] Thu, 11 August 2011 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 11 August 2011 13:41
Can you try adding:
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory.level=SEVERE
to the logging properties file underneath the other two you have?

Jason

I added above also in logging.prperties, but still below lines are writing in catalina.out.

Aug 11, 2011 11:25:55 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory loadFontMappingConfig
INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk10295060/fontsConfig.xml cost 18ms
Aug 11, 2011 11:25:55 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory$2 run
INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ja/X11/fonts/TT cost:0ms
Aug 11, 2011 11:25:55 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory$2 run
INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/ko/TrueType cost:1ms
INFO: register fonts in /usr/X/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
INFO: register fonts in g:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
Aug 11, 2011 11:25:55 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory loadFontMappingConfig
INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk10295060/fontsConfig_linux.xml cost 2ms
INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk10295060/fontsConfig_pdf.xml cost 2ms
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #714940 is a reply to message #714924] Thu, 11 August 2011 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I am not certain why this is showing up this way. It does not do it on
my system. Can you open a bug for it?

Jason

On 8/11/2011 2:53 PM, jyo wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 11 August 2011 13:41
>> Can you try adding:
>> org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.layout.pdf.font.FontMappingManagerFactory.level=SEVERE
>> to the logging properties file underneath the other two you have?
>>
>> Jason
>
> I added above also in logging.prperties, but still below lines are
> writing in catalina.out.
>
> Aug 11, 2011 11:25:55 AM
> loadFontMappingConfig
> INFO: load font config in bundleentry://8.fwk10295060/fontsConfig.xml
> cost 18ms
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/openwin/lib/locale/ja/X11/fonts/TT cost:0ms
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/share/fonts/ko/TrueType cost:1ms
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> INFO: register fonts in /usr/X/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType cost:0ms
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> run
> INFO: register fonts in g:/windows/fonts cost:0ms
> loadFontMappingConfig
> bundleentry://8.fwk10295060/fontsConfig_linux.xml cost 2ms
> loadFontMappingConfig
> bundleentry://8.fwk10295060/fontsConfig_pdf.xml cost 2ms
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #715856 is a reply to message #714940] Mon, 15 August 2011 19:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 11 August 2011 16:06
I am not certain why this is showing up this way. It does not do it on
my system. Can you open a bug for it?

Jason

Thanks Jason, Before opening a bug, one more question I have..

All the Birt Viewer related jar files are under webapps\<myapp>\WEB-INF\lib folder. I want to know whether any Birt related jar file(s) should be there under /tomcat/lib folder. can you give me the list of Birt jar files that need to be in tomcat\lib folder or what you files you have on your side?

Thanks for all the help...
-Jyo
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #715872 is a reply to message #715856] Mon, 15 August 2011 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

This depends on the version of BIRT. If you download the runtime for a
specific version of BIRT look in the
birt-runtime-version\WebViewerExample\WEB-INF\lib to see what jars
should be deployed. None of these need to be in the tomcat/lib

Jason

On 8/15/2011 3:17 PM, jyo wrote:
> Jason Weathersby wrote on Thu, 11 August 2011 16:06
>> I am not certain why this is showing up this way. It does not do it on
>> my system. Can you open a bug for it?
>>
>> Jason
>
>
> Thanks Jason, Before opening a bug, one more question I have..
>
> All the Birt Viewer related jar files are under
> webapps\<myapp>\WEB-INF\lib folder. I want to know whether any Birt
> related jar file(s) should be there under /tomcat/lib folder. can you
> give me the list of Birt jar files that need to be in tomcat\lib folder
> or what you files you have on your side?
> Thanks for all the help...
> -Jyo
Re: Question on log4j configuration for ReportEngine logs when using Viewer [message #715880 is a reply to message #715872] Mon, 15 August 2011 20:53 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby wrote on Mon, 15 August 2011 15:58
This depends on the version of BIRT. If you download the runtime for a
specific version of BIRT look in the
birt-runtime-version\WebViewerExample\WEB-INF\lib to see what jars
should be deployed. None of these need to be in the tomcat/lib

Jason

Thank you Jason! I have opened a Bug: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=354770.
Previous Topic:Dynamic Text
Next Topic:Tooltip Including the Series Name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:09:55 GMT 2024