Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Android Development using Eclipse(Android development)
Android Development using Eclipse [message #675482] Tue, 31 May 2011 16:32 Go to next message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
Hi,

I've written a mini calculator app for Android phone using Eclipse and it has a welcome screen followed by a button to launch the calc that shows up in the next screen. The project compiles and builds successfully but when I run it - it displays -

[2011-05-28 18:17:14 - HelloWorld] Waiting for HOME ('android.process.acore') to be launched...

I'm having trouble installing the app on the device because when I click on Home->Applications it opens the screens but keeps waiting and shows the same message. It should install and load the app because that is what we are running.

Please help!

Thx,
Gunjan
Re: Android Development using Eclipse [message #675491 is a reply to message #675482] Tue, 31 May 2011 16:49 Go to previous message
Animesh Kumar is currently offline Animesh KumarFriend
The Android App usually takes a lot of time to Launch. If you are getting the message :-
Waiting for HOME ('android.process.acore') to be launched...

That means your application is starting and it takes time to launch the actual App after that also.

If you are sure that your program does not have any errors, I would suggest that you start the Emulator first and then try to launch your App. It usually saves time, if you always keep the emulator running.

And a better forum to put your android related questions will be:-

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers?pli=1

or

http://www.android.net/forum/forum.php

You might get replies pretty quickly there.

Regards,
Animesh

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2011 16:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Bad Habbits
Next Topic:How to make auto-complete open automatically?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:43:06 GMT 2024