Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » SEVERE: CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL(I'm having problems rendering my report into html or pdf through standalone java program)
SEVERE: CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL [message #675224] Mon, 30 May 2011 16:43 Go to next message
wizkid  is currently offline wizkid Friend
Hi,

I'm having problems rendering my report into html or pdf through standalone java program.

Although I can view my report in the Report Design preview, I'm not able to run and render it in a java program.

I have tried alot and could only succeed to run and render a table and not a chart in my standalone program.

this message is popping up everytime I try to run it "SEVERE: CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL" , it just makes a file without a chart and no I'm not using it through a webserver.

Yes I have looked in to the forum and I also added a -DSTANDALONE parameter.

To see my code look at the uploaded Main.java file.
To see the jar includes I have made, see the jarincludes.txt file.
To see my exception array in eclipse see eclipseexception.txt file.
To see my html including the excpetion see htmlexception.txt file.
To see the original html file without the html exception see html.txt file.

I hope any of you can help me out with this problem, because it's taken me alot of time to debug this, and it kept me from proceding.

Thanks for your time.
Re: SEVERE: CREATE_EXTENSION_FAIL [message #676071 is a reply to message #675224] Thu, 02 June 2011 17:37 Go to previous message
wizkid  is currently offline wizkid Friend
Nevermind I downloaded the eclipse version with Reporter install, and removed the ..chart.extension and other chart requirement jars and got it to work. But kept the ReporterEngine jars and set the homedirectory.

Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2011 17:38]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Overlay dynamic image
Next Topic:Add new font in BIRT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:13:20 GMT 2024