Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Several questions from a novice.(Indexing a scripting language.)
Several questions from a novice. [message #674759] Sat, 28 May 2011 10:04 Go to next message
drthingums  is currently offline drthingums Friend

I am trying to develop an Eclipse-based editor for a 2d game engine(www.ksatechnologyhq.com:1357). This includes a text editor for its scripting language. I want to be able to index the script files to search through them and display functions from other files. Also, I want someone to join me in making the editor.

[Updated on: Thu, 02 June 2011 06:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Several questions from a novice. [message #675111 is a reply to message #674759] Mon, 30 May 2011 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello? Anyone here? Or am I just talking to myself? If this post is too vague or doesn't meet some strange condition, just say so!
Re: Several questions from a novice. [message #675114 is a reply to message #675111] Mon, 30 May 2011 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarcoGT  is currently offline MarcoGT Friend
Hello,

I can not answer your question because I am a novice too.
But, I have a question for you: how did you start to develop the editor? Did you use the "Editor template" from "New plugin development"?

Thanks
Marco
Re: Several questions from a novice. [message #675241 is a reply to message #674759] Mon, 30 May 2011 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I wouldn't recommend it if you are trying to make an editor that is not for XML files. Instead, create a plugin with no template, open plugin.xml, and on the Extensions tab, click Add..., find the org.eclipse.ui.editors extension point and click Finish. Next, fill out the form that appears to the right, like this.index.php/fa/2891/0/
Check out the examples and Platform Plug-in Developer Guide to see how features are implemented. But seriously, I want some help over here!

[Updated on: Mon, 30 May 2011 21:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Several questions from a novice. [message #675310 is a reply to message #675241] Tue, 31 May 2011 06:55 Go to previous message
MarcoGT  is currently offline MarcoGT Friend
Yes, the goal is to develop an editor for XML files.
But I saw the the editor provided by template has not got a lot of functions like:

-- outline
-- tag folding

and others.
Previous Topic:AbstractContributionFactory for creating menuContributions
Next Topic:Property page navigation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:52:05 GMT 2024