Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to give security option in BIRT reporting tool(security option in BIRT reporting tool)
How to give security option in BIRT reporting tool [message #674526] Fri, 27 May 2011 09:02 Go to next message
parasu  is currently offline parasu Friend
Hi everybody,

Could you plz help me regarding the below

I have built some reports in BIRT reporting,i just want to restrict to access those reports to selected users only but i'm unable to do that(i want to give selected users to view the reports based on the users) so plz help on that how to restrict the user to view the reports that means how to implement it on BIRT reporting tool.
plz give an idea about this, Is it implement in BIRT using JAVA coding then plz send the details
waiting for the replies.

Thanks in advance.

Parasuram.
Re: How to give security option in BIRT reporting tool [message #675335 is a reply to message #674526] Tue, 31 May 2011 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Greif is currently offline Tomas GreifFriend
Hi,

I think this can be done only in commercial version of birt. In our small company (approx 60 employees) we have deployed three separated instances of birt - public, restricted and secured. Access to those versions is controlled through ldap groups.

Regards,

Tomas

[Updated on: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to give security option in BIRT reporting tool [message #677080 is a reply to message #675335] Tue, 07 June 2011 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlajka - is currently offline nlajka -Friend
Jason or anybody else,

can you please confirm that we need commercial version if we want group access restrictions, and is there a workaround to this lack of functionality?

Tomas, what do you mean by saying "we have deployed three separated instances of birt - public, restricted and secured."
Does it mean three different Tomcat servers with three sets of same reports or something else? We are using Windows AD, can you or anybody else, let me know what is needed in order to make it work in our environment?

Thank you!
Re: How to give security option in BIRT reporting tool [message #677158 is a reply to message #677080] Tue, 07 June 2011 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tomas Greif is currently offline Tomas GreifFriend
Yes, you are right. In our company we have three different birt installations available :
http://public-birt.our_newtork
http://restricted-birt.our_newtork
http://secured-birt.our_newtork

We have quite different groups of users, so reports are not overlaping. I know this is not really flexible solution, however it is easy to setup and works fine in our environment.

Tomas
Re: How to give security option in BIRT reporting tool [message #677225 is a reply to message #677158] Tue, 07 June 2011 21:10 Go to previous message
nlajka - is currently offline nlajka -Friend
Thank you Tomas!
Previous Topic:Create chart programmatically BIRT and RPC service
Next Topic:Enter Parameters popup form
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:08:33 GMT 2024