Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Edit Model using Commands
Edit Model using Commands [message #674357] Thu, 26 May 2011 15:37 Go to next message
Klaus S. is currently offline Klaus S.Friend
I have a multithreaded application and want to perform some operations on the model of the diagram, like change some attributes of a certain modelobject. I initiate a command, which performs some actions, like this:

TransactionalEditingDomain transactionalEditingDomain = TransactionUtil.getEditingDomain(featureProvider.getDomainModelResource());
		    if (transactionalEditingDomain == null) {
		    	transactionalEditingDomain = TransactionalEditingDomain.Factory.INSTANCE
		    			.createEditingDomain(featureProvider.getDomainModelResource().getResourceSet());
			}

AddInteractionCommand operation = new AddInteractionCommand(transactionalEditingDomain, action, elementInteraction);
		   transactionalEditingDomain.getCommandStack().execute(operation);

AddInteractionCommand inherits from org.eclipse.emf.transaction.RecordingCommand.

The trouble comes when the postcommit of the transaction is been executed and org.eclipse.graphiti.ui.internal.editor.DomainModelChangeListener.resourceSetChanged(ResourceSetChangeEvent) is called. The method requests for an Display object and this happens to be null by calling Display.getCurrent():

Display.getCurrent().asyncExec(new Runnable() {

@Override
			public void run() {
				if (getDiagramTypeProvider().isAutoUpdateAtRuntime() && getDiagramTypeProvider().getDiagramEditor().isDirty()) {
					// The notification service takes care of not only the
					// linked BOs but also asks the diagram provider about
					// related BOs.
					getDiagramTypeProvider().getNotificationService().updatePictogramElements(dirtyPes);
				} else {
					getDiagramTypeProvider().getDiagramEditor().refresh();
				}
			}

});

Am I going a wrong way?
Or might this problem easily solved if DomainModelChangeListener asks for the global Display (Display.getDefault()) , in case Display.getCurrent() returns null because the current thread has no Display-Instance?
Re: Edit Model using Commands [message #675070 is a reply to message #674357] Mon, 30 May 2011 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Kaiser is currently offline Tim KaiserFriend
Hi,

i think you are right.
Can you open a bugzilla?

Best, Tim
Re: Edit Model using Commands [message #675071 is a reply to message #675070] Mon, 30 May 2011 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tim Kaiser is currently offline Tim KaiserFriend
....i see the issue is already fixed in head.
If you move to Graphiti 0.8, you should be happy. Best, Tim
Re: Edit Model using Commands [message #675075 is a reply to message #675071] Mon, 30 May 2011 08:40 Go to previous message
Klaus S. is currently offline Klaus S.Friend
ok, thanks!
Previous Topic:Graphiti without transactional editing domain?
Next Topic:Updating text in graphiti
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 12 14:19:15 GMT 2020