Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Run and observe JUnit tests from within an RCP(How can tests be run and the JUnit plugin be notified?)
Run and observe JUnit tests from within an RCP [message #674342] Thu, 26 May 2011 15:04 Go to next message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
Hi there,

is there a way to perform a junit test the other way round than in help.eclipse.org
"JDT Plug-in Developer Guide"
"Programmer's Guide"
"JDT JUnit integration"
"Observing JUnit test runs"

I'm running an rcp application with a JUnit plugin included. Furthermore I start a JUnit4TestAdapter and have a TestResult at hand.
Now I would like to notify the JUnit plugin to populate the view with the results.

To me, the traditional way of building an AST with sources not visible to the RCP client seems hard to implement.
Re: Run and observe JUnit tests from within an RCP [message #675369 is a reply to message #674342] Tue, 31 May 2011 09:52 Go to previous message
Eclipse User is currently offline Eclipse UserFriend
I didn't specify the problem exact enough. But I could solve it.

So at first some more information about the setting I have:
I am trying to create an rcp application that is able to manage and start generated groovy test classes.
If you want the results to be displayed by the JUnit plugin you can start a testcase via usage of eclipse's jdt. This obviously implies that the application takes over the compilation of the sources (before this insight I provided a groovy compiler). So I had to add the additional groovy nature to my app.

The original problem I had is very similar to the one, Márcio Dantas posted (Message ID 636242). It is described briefly by this: in order hand over the test cases to the application I need some object out of the Java Model. I finally solved the problem by

1. adding a dependency between my test project and the rcp application (because of visibility)
  2. creating a project via project = IWorkspaceRoot.getProject(name) and a following project.create(null)

That was it.
Previous Topic:problem between rcp applications
Next Topic:Problem with Delta Pack 3.6
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:52:38 GMT 2024