Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » I can't include header files no matter where I put them
I can't include header files no matter where I put them [message #673979] Wed, 25 May 2011 11:21 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hi, I'm trying to use headers inside /usr/local/include (specifically the yail library.)

I starting to lose my mind, other headers like glib work just fine, and then I try this library and for the life of me I can't figure it out. Of course I added the header location in the include path:

/usr/local/include/yajl

Yes, I checked that the headers are actually in there. So I write this in my main source file:

#include <yail_parse.h> ---> fatal error: yail_parse.h: No such file or directory

So I try this:
#include "yail_parse.h" ----> same error.

So I copy all the headers to an arbitrary folder in my home directory and try the same steps.
/home/pc/Programming/Libraries/test

Still same error.

I have the same issue with the yail libraries located in /usr/local/lib, but if I can't even get some headers included...(I tried adding this path to ld.conf, but no change)

Note that the headers even show up inside the Eclipse UI on the left, I can click on them and it opens them!! And even If I give the full path, the compiler complains that it can't find it:

gcc -I"/home/pc/Programming/IDEs/workplace/CLearning/src/include" -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -DMONGO_HAVE_STDINT -MMD -MP -MF"src/CLearning.d" -MT"src/CLearning.d" -o"src/CLearning.o" "../src/CLearning.c"
../src/CLearning.c:17:48: fatal error: /usr/local/include/yail/yail_parse.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [src/CLearning.o] Error 1

Any help is very much appreciated
Re: I can't include header files no matter where I put them [message #674107 is a reply to message #673979] Wed, 25 May 2011 20:41 Go to previous message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I spelled the header wrong.
Previous Topic:Could not open the editor
Next Topic:memory view not refreshing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:36:17 GMT 2024