Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo on IRC
Virgo on IRC [message #673759] Tue, 24 May 2011 16:47 Go to next message
rshelley  is currently offline rshelley Friend
I don't know if this group has any plans to maintain an IRC channel for Virgo, so I setup a "##virgo" channel (two hashes because I don't own "virgo") on Freenode (chat.freenode.net) just in case others in the community would be interested in discussing stuff real-time.
Re: Virgo on IRC [message #675698 is a reply to message #673759] Wed, 01 June 2011 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frieder Heugel is currently offline Frieder HeugelFriend
I personally like the idea of having an IRC chat but besides Ryan and I no one else has been using this channel the past few days so I guess there is no real interest in such a thing.

[Updated on: Wed, 01 June 2011 08:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Virgo on IRC [message #675847 is a reply to message #675698] Wed, 01 June 2011 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rshelley  is currently offline rshelley Friend
I think it's going to take awhile. I don't know how broad the user base is for Virgo, but I'm hoping the integration with Spring will tap into some of that user base and help Virgo grow.
Re: Virgo on IRC [message #676455 is a reply to message #675847] Sat, 04 June 2011 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ryan  is currently offline Ryan Friend
I wanted to jump on there a few times just to see how things were going, but I've been really busy this week. My team has two separate development efforts going on, we got a brand new intern, and the JUG I lead had a special event on Wednesday which basically took the whole day to prep for. I did get my Jersey integration working last weekend. Woohoo! I finally overcame the last couple of roadblocks, which were bugs in the manifest of the jersey-spring bundle which I need to develop test cases and a patch for.

I think there's a fair chance we might move to Virgo as our production server, in which case I'll probably be a lot more active here. Right now, it's just a side research project for me.
Re: Virgo on IRC [message #676725 is a reply to message #676455] Mon, 06 June 2011 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jochen Szostek is currently offline Jochen SzostekFriend

do people still use the channel from time to time?
if so, I will join in on the fun

grts

[Updated on: Mon, 06 June 2011 10:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Virgo on IRC [message #676731 is a reply to message #676725] Mon, 06 June 2011 11:10 Go to previous message
Ryan  is currently offline Ryan Friend
I think you'll find someone in there if you join. I'll probably get a chance to work in Virgo some more this week, and I'll be in the channel when I am.
Previous Topic:Spring service publishing to wrong reference arbitrarily
Next Topic:[M05] tomcat war deploy -> ERROR: packageImports contains duplicate items?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:06:56 GMT 2024