Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Extra Space Inserted in Pbject Filename(Invalid behavior in build)
Extra Space Inserted in Pbject Filename [message #673432] Mon, 23 May 2011 16:08
Wesley Miller is currently offline Wesley MillerFriend
I am compiling a single C source file into an executable. The file is located below the eclipse root $ECLIPSE_ROOT/CTester/CTester.c. It builds error free and leaves it output in $ECLIPSE_ROOT/CTester/Debug/ CTester.o. Note the space after "/Debug/" If I File->lean Project (with an auto-build) then mv "./CTester/Debug/ CTester.o" ./CTester/Debug/CTester.o then do a File->Build Project, My executable is created.

I have checked the Propergties and makefiles many times. The GCC Command Line in the Build settings reads ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG}${OUTPUT_PREFIX}${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS}.

It is interesting to me that sometimes I have to change the Command Line to ${COMMAND} ${FLAGS} ${OUTPUT_FLAG}${OUTPUT_PREFIX}" "${OUTPUT} ${INPUTS} adding the " " after ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}, because sometimes Eclipse forgets to append a space on the right side of ${OUTPUT_PREFIX}.

Can anyone suggest a fix for this?

Thanks,

Wes
Previous Topic:Linux - Resources - Shared Libraries
Next Topic:Helios CDT for Solaris
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:40:28 GMT 2024