Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Make choking on linked resource
Make choking on linked resource [message #671768] Wed, 18 May 2011 23:13 Go to next message
Tom Hudson is currently offline Tom HudsonFriend
My Android application needs to use some C++ files from another directory, where another project uses them -- Because I don't want to duplicate these files and have to maintain them in two places, I thought that setting them up as linked resources in Eclipse would be a great option.

So I added them to the 'jni' folder as linked resources and it looks fine -- I can edit them in Eclipse and they are changed in the linked location, just as I had hoped.

The problem comes when I try to build the project. I get:

make: *** No rule to make target `/cygdrive/c/Android/Projects/TheApp/Android/jni/GLGraphics.cpp', needed by `/cygdrive/c/Android/Projects/TheApp/Android/obj/local/armeabi/objs/theapp/GLGraphics.o'.  Stop.

This reflects the location in the project's 'jni' folder -- not the actual location.

I think I have the GLGraphics.cpp file properly added to the Android.mk file:

LOCAL_SRC_FILES += GLGraphics.cpp

Am I missing something with the process of using linked resources? Does the makefile need to have a full path to the actual location of the GLGraphics.cpp file? I tried supplying the path:

/cygdrive/c/Android/Projects/TheApp/GLGraphics.cpp

which is where the file actually is, but this didn't work, either -- this just gets appended to the existing jni path, making an unusable final path to the file.

I'd appreciate some input! Thanks!
Re: Make choking on linked resource [message #671981 is a reply to message #671768] Thu, 19 May 2011 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

If this is a problem with CDT, you should ask in that forum. If this is a problem with the Android dev environment implementing its own C++ support or using CDT, you should ask on the Android forums. It's not a java problem Smile

PW

Re: Make choking on linked resource [message #672023 is a reply to message #671981] Thu, 19 May 2011 15:34 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
I've moved this message to the CDT group.
Previous Topic:got "cannot find -lxxx" error in Windows platform while linking shared library
Next Topic:OSX debugging: launch failed binary not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:18:23 GMT 2024