Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Simple layout policy question
Simple layout policy question [message #671273] Tue, 17 May 2011 10:51 Go to next message
Kenneth Styrberg is currently offline Kenneth StyrbergFriend
Hi, I've a simple? layout policy question.

When I try to move a child on top of another child the movement is blocked. No call to createChangeConstraint() is done and the icon is a stop sign.

I need to be able to drop on top of the child and copy the constraints to the other child.

Can someone enlighten me on where to look for this policy?

My models are very simple with one container and two different childs that I can create and move around. So everything works, except moving a child on top of another.

Re: Simple layout policy question [message #671530 is a reply to message #671273] Wed, 18 May 2011 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since no one answer(but lot's of reads), can I assume it's a RTFM question? Or is this not possible with GEF?! (or hard to accomplish)
Re: Simple layout policy question [message #671576 is a reply to message #671530] Wed, 18 May 2011 11:44 Go to previous message
A more general follow up question: In my EditPart I try to use
getTargetEditPart(request)
to get the EditPart where I want to drop my child. But this always return null or itself?!
What is the flow for all the methods in EditPart and when/where does the TargetEditPart been registered?

I try to get the EditPart and fill the ExtendedData with the EditPart so that the command can find out the target EditPart, but with no luck?

[Updated on: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:45]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Proper handling of model references
Next Topic:One-click drag of the endpoint of a connector
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:52:32 GMT 2024