Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » custom toolchain / configuration missing
custom toolchain / configuration missing [message #669993] Thu, 12 May 2011 10:57 Go to next message
Branko Drevensek is currently offline Branko DrevensekFriend
Hi, Eclipse forum members.

I'm extending CDT with custom toolchain (for starters) and I guess I will be bothering you a lot. Cool

First problem that I'm unable to crack is this.

1) When I create new project, I can pick my project type (specified as <projectType> in buildDefinitions), and everything works as expected.

2) But if I create project using a template (for example: Executable / Empty project) and select my toolchain, I'm stuck on next screen, as there are no configurations listed and a message is dispayed: "At least one configuration should be available. Project cannot be created."

I have usual Debug/Release configurations defined within <projectType> and can see them in case #1. Are there any preconditions for configurations to show up when you go through template? I see templates have some kind of filterPattern, but don't really understand what it's for.

I'm using CDT 8 (20110502...).

Can anyone give me any hint on this.
Thanks.
Branko
Re: custom toolchain / configuration missing [message #671654 is a reply to message #669993] Wed, 18 May 2011 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I finally managed to solve this (after hours of trying). Embarrassed

If <projectType> has name attribute specified, this problem occurs. When I deleted name, it works as expected.

I don't know if this is bug or a feature, but that's how it is.
Re: custom toolchain / configuration missing [message #765489 is a reply to message #671654] Wed, 14 December 2011 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lin  is currently offline lin Friend
Thank you very much.
A very strange problem.
Re: custom toolchain / configuration missing [message #871474 is a reply to message #671654] Mon, 14 May 2012 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dulce García is currently offline Dulce GarcíaFriend
Hello

I'm having exactly the same problem, could you explain a little more about how do you solve it?
Re: custom toolchain / configuration missing [message #871731 is a reply to message #871474] Mon, 14 May 2012 18:59 Go to previous message
Dulce García wrote on Mon, 14 May 2012 00:20
Hello

I'm having exactly the same problem, could you explain a little more about how do you solve it?

There's not much to say. If you open your plugin.xml with XML editor, you will see <projectType> tag with atributes like id, buildArtefactType, etc. If you also have name attribute there (like <projectType name="my project" ...>) you need to remove the name="..." part. At least for me it was that.
Previous Topic:How can configure CDT MBS to use different toolchains for different folders?
Next Topic:SDLNet_CheckSockets segmentation fault
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:01:51 GMT 2024