Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse CDT debug not taking path into account
Eclipse CDT debug not taking path into account [message #669486] Tue, 10 May 2011 13:57 Go to next message
fred D is currently offline fred DFriend
Hello,

I have a problem with Eclipse CDT.

In order to make my program work, i had to add the path to the right version of libstdc++ because my gcc is 4.6.0 and i need GLIBCXX_3.4.15.

So now that i found my good directory for this, i put it in my LD_LIRARY_PATH environnement variable, launch eclipse and run my programs smoothly.

But when i want to go in debug mode, it seems that my path is no longer taken into account because i have

/home/dupinf/workspace/HashTest/Debug/HashTest: /sw/st/gnu_compil/gnu/linux-rh-ws-4-x86_64/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /home/dupinf/workspace/HashTest/Debug/HashTest)

My question is how do I get over this ?

(I've tried to add the path to the library into a PATH variable in the environment variable panel of the debug settings conf of my project with no luck)

Thank you in advance
Re: Eclipse CDT debug not taking path into account [message #669681 is a reply to message #669486] Wed, 11 May 2011 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You can modify the LD_LIRARY_PATH environnement variable in the Debug Launch Configuration.
- open your Debug Launch Configuration
- go to tab Environment
- click "Select"
- mark LD_LIRARY_PATH and click OK
- then edit LD_LIRARY_PATH and add your path

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: Eclipse CDT debug not taking path into account [message #669743 is a reply to message #669681] Wed, 11 May 2011 11:07 Go to previous message
fred D is currently offline fred DFriend
Thank you that did work (with overwriting of the variable enabled)

Yet i don't understand why i have to do this in debug but not in run mode !?
Previous Topic:Shortcuts for own Plugins
Next Topic:get references of struct fields
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:31:31 GMT 2024