Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [EMF] Changes to meta-model not reflected in reflective editor
icon5.gif  [EMF] Changes to meta-model not reflected in reflective editor [message #668348] Thu, 05 May 2011 10:07
Niels Brouwers is currently offline Niels BrouwersFriend
Hi all,

I am currently developing a new meta-model and a M2T transformation to generate code from instance models based on that meta-model.

The development approach is iterative, so to avoid overhead I am developing both the meta-model and code generation templates in the same workspace. The instance model used to run the code generation is a dynamic instance model (e.g. myModel.xmi, created with the Create Dynamic Instance ... wizard accessed from the Sample Ecore Model Editor).

The problem is that changes to the meta-model are not always (better: almost never) correctly reflected in the Sample Reflective Ecore Model Editor, which is used to edit the dynamic instance model. For example, adding a containment reference from EClass A to a newly created EClass B in the ecore file does not lead to the ability to add a EClass B element to the EClass A element using the dynamic instance model editor.

The one thing I found to work-around this problem is by restarting Eclipse, although sometimes it is sufficient to re-open the editor.

Is this a known problem? Is there some solution for it?

Thanx in advance.

Kind regards,
Niels Brouwers.

[Updated on: Thu, 05 May 2011 10:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:XSD Restrictions not validated?
Next Topic:How to use generated EMF model code for building a model instance?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:23:14 GMT 2024