Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » EGit wont push - Hook Declined((unexpected report line: error refs/heads/master *** PERMISSION DENIED *** hook declined))
EGit wont push - Hook Declined [message #667905] Mon, 02 May 2011 17:43 Go to next message
Alex Bunting is currently offline Alex BuntingFriend
So, I have been trying to get EGit working with eclipse. I have signed up to http://www.gitenterprise.com/ and have created a repository - created SSH keys in both eclipse and set them as public keys in the respository.

I have followed the guides on how to go about pushing from eclipse repeatedly, in many different combination, but everytime this is the error I get...

Can't connect to any repository: ssh://<USERNAME>@gitent-scm.com/git/<MYSTORENAME>/<MY REPO NAME>.git (An internal Exception occured during push: ssh://<USERNAME>@gitent-scm.com/git/MYSTORENAME>/<MY REPO NAME>.git unexpected report line: error refs/heads/master *** PERMISSION DENIED *** hook declined)

I dont really understand what is going wrong. I was hoping anybody with some experience could give me an idea of what I could try to do to fix this?

Im using Eclipse Helios Service Release 2 under Windows 7. The firewall is open to eclipse.

Thanks in advance for any support.

[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2011 17:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EGit wont push - Hook Declined [message #668313 is a reply to message #667905] Thu, 05 May 2011 07:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
I signed up to http://www.gitenterprise.com/, created a new repo and tried to push with native git ... and I get the same error as you ("...*** hook declined"). Seems there are some EGit/JGit unrelated problems. Can you try to push with native git commands. If this also doesn't work I would ask the people at gitenterprise.com

Ciao
Chris
Re: EGit wont push - Hook Declined [message #724964 is a reply to message #668313] Tue, 13 September 2011 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stan  is currently offline Stan Friend
Same here with gitenterprise and eclipse/git. See this: git-enterprise.976106.n3.nabble.com/Right-inheritance-bug-certainly-Permission-Denied-on-Push-on-new-project-logged-as-admin-my-poor-soln-tp3310406p3310406.html. Sorry can't use links.

[Updated on: Tue, 13 September 2011 15:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EGit wont push - Hook Declined [message #725629 is a reply to message #667905] Thu, 15 September 2011 11:37 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
As EGit doesn't yet support hooks this is probably caused by some hook on the server side which is rejecting the push. Talk to the folks hosting gitenterprise.com in order to find out what checks they are doing when you are trying to push a change to their server.
Previous Topic:Possible to unstage/reset a single file?
Next Topic:Enabling hooks in EGit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 07:51:04 GMT 2024