Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Teneo] CNF on LogFactory
[Teneo] CNF on LogFactory [message #665077] Wed, 13 April 2011 08:26 Go to next message
Antoine  is currently offline Antoine Friend
Hello everyone !

I want to use Teneo because I have a lot of EMF object and XMI is not quick and good enough.

I put in my project dependencies all Teneo packages, to be sure... If I try to generate ORM file, I have this exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
	at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.extension.DefaultExtensionManager.<clinit>(DefaultExtensionManager.java:36)
	at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.extension.ExtensionManagerFactory.create(ExtensionManagerFactory.java:46)
	at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.jpa.GenerateORM.createORMapperFile(GenerateORM.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.jpa.GenerateORM.main(GenerateORM.java:78)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
	... 4 more

It generates an empty orm.xml file...

Next I tried to put org.apache.commons.logging (1.0.4) package in dependencies. At the generation, a popup informs me that a NP has occured:
An internal error occurred during: "Generate Mapping File".
java.lang.NullPointerException

but in the console I can see that (I don't know what it means...):
13 avr. 2011 10:19:14 org.eclipse.emf.teneo.classloader.ClassLoaderResolver setClassLoaderStrategy
INFO: Class loader strategy set to: org.eclipse.emf.teneo.classloader.ContextClassLoaderStrategy

It generates the orm.xml file with my objects obviously but I want to be sure that there is no problems... Can I?

Thanks for your answers!

Antoine
Re: [Teneo] CNF on LogFactory [message #665091 is a reply to message #665077] Wed, 13 April 2011 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Antoine,
You need to install apache logging into your ide as a plugin, you can use this update site for that:
http://www.elver.org/eclipse/update

btw, if you want to use eclipselink then it is maybe better to use this project:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Texo
It provides a better integration between generated code and JPA/ORM. This project is for server side code such as
webservices and such, not for RCP environments.

gr. Martin

On 04/13/2011 10:26 AM, Antoine wrote:
> Hello everyone !
>
> I want to use Teneo because I have a lot of EMF object and XMI is not quick and good enough.
>
> I put in my project dependencies all Teneo packages, to be sure... If I try to generate ORM file, I have this exception:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory
> at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.extension.DefaultExtensionManager.<clinit >(DefaultExtensionManager.java:36)
> at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.extension.ExtensionManagerFactory.crea te(ExtensionManagerFactory.java:46)
> at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.jpa.GenerateORM.createORMapperFile(Gen erateORM.java:102)
> at org.eclipse.emf.teneo.jpa.GenerateORM.main(GenerateORM.java: 78)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
> ... 4 more
> It generates an empty orm.xml file...
>
> Next I tried to put org.apache.commons.logging (1.0.4) package in dependencies. At the generation, a popup informs me
> that a NP has occured:
> An internal error occurred during: "Generate Mapping File".
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> but in the console I can see that (I don't know what it means...):
> 13 avr. 2011 10:19:14 org.eclipse.emf.teneo.classloader.ClassLoaderResolver setClassLoaderStrategy
> INFO: Class loader strategy set to: org.eclipse.emf.teneo.classloader.ContextClassLoaderStrategy
>
> It generates the orm.xml file with my objects obviously but I want to be sure that there is no problems... Can I?
>
> Thanks for your answers!
>
> Antoine
>

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@springsite.com - mtaal@elver.org
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Re: [Teneo] CNF on LogFactory [message #665097 is a reply to message #665091] Wed, 13 April 2011 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Antoine  is currently offline Antoine Friend
Thanks for your answer Martin!

Apache logging is already in my installed package as a plugin (present in Help > About Eclipse Platform > Installation details > Plug-ins) but even whithout it, the orm.xmlseems to be good! I will try with it!

Thanks for your recommandation, I finnish to use Teneo to know more about it and next I will study the Texo alternative!

Regards,

Antoine
Re: [Teneo] CNF on LogFactory [message #665105 is a reply to message #665097] Wed, 13 April 2011 09:43 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Antoine,
One other thing, I think the orm generation uses the classpath of the dev project holding the ecore file. So you need to
add the apache commons logging as a dependency, maybe that helps to. But as the orm seems to be fine you are okay I guess.

gr. Martin

On 04/13/2011 11:21 AM, Antoine wrote:
> Thanks for your answer Martin!
>
> Apache logging is already in my installed package as a plugin (present in Help > About Eclipse Platform > Installation
> details > Plug-ins) but even whithout it, the orm.xmlseems to be good! I will try with it!
>
> Thanks for your recommandation, I finnish to use Teneo to know more about it and next I will study the Texo alternative!
>
> Regards,
>
> Antoine

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397