Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Apache Tomcat Context Configuration docBase Attribute
Apache Tomcat Context Configuration docBase Attribute [message #664875] Tue, 12 April 2011 11:08 Go to next message
Jacob Hameiri is currently offline Jacob HameiriFriend
Are there any plans to support the Apache Tomcat Context Configuration docBase Attribute in the near future ?
Is there some kind of workaround ?
Re: Apache Tomcat Context Configuration docBase Attribute [message #664890 is a reply to message #664875] Tue, 12 April 2011 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
There are no plans. It appears not to be feasible. I don't know of a workaround.
Re: Apache Tomcat Context Configuration docBase Attribute [message #664893 is a reply to message #664875] Tue, 12 April 2011 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maybe there is a better way to solve my problem.
I need some way to upload, download and list files in my server in a folder of my choosing in the file system.
I tried doing this using org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet but the problem is that I cant control the webapp base folder (Context docBase is not supported in virgo).
I can write my own servlet but it seems bad practice to rewrite what I already have implemented in DefaultServlet.
What do you suggest doing ?
Re: Apache Tomcat Context Configuration docBase Attribute [message #664899 is a reply to message #664893] Tue, 12 April 2011 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
You could copy the DefaultServlet code and provide some other way of configuring a directory, e.g. by using config admin (for which see the OSGi compendium spec) and supplying the configuration by deploying a properties file.
Re: Apache Tomcat Context Configuration docBase Attribute [message #664908 is a reply to message #664899] Tue, 12 April 2011 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for your help.
btw can you explain why it is a problem to use docBase in the embedded tomcat ?
Re: Apache Tomcat Context Configuration docBase Attribute [message #665011 is a reply to message #664908] Tue, 12 April 2011 19:06 Go to previous message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
Hi,

In order to install web applications as bundles we have to perform several transformations. Because of this:
- We do not want to make such transformations in the "source".
- There may have file system access permissions that may prevent the transformations.

Regards
Violeta
Previous Topic:Getting Virgo source
Next Topic:Snaps and virgo 2.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:29:11 GMT 2024