Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Get Xtext log4j stack traces
icon5.gif  Get Xtext log4j stack traces [message #664755] Mon, 11 April 2011 20:46 Go to next message
Mirko Raner is currently offline Mirko RanerFriend
Hi all,

one of our Xtext plug-ins is having some troubles which, unfortunately, cannot be reproduced in a developer runtime workbench, but only in the deployed product running on an end user's workbench.
In the log file, we get the following entry:

!ENTRY org.apache.log4j 2 0 2011-04-08 11:52:07.440
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.xtext.service.CompoundModule - java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Unfortunately, that's all we get. We don't get the nested exception nor the full stack trace. Is there a quick way to customize the log4j settings so that the full stack trace information is written to the log?
Ideally, we're looking for something that can be enabled on the end user's workbench without changing any code.

Thanks,

Mirko
Re: Get Xtext log4j stack traces [message #664771 is a reply to message #664755] Mon, 11 April 2011 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BTW, I believe the log entry originates from CompoundModule.java, line 36. In other words, it uses the log method that also passes the Throwable, i.e. it's not a problem of the wrong log method being called (I think).
Re: Get Xtext log4j stack traces [message #664780 is a reply to message #664771] Mon, 11 April 2011 23:58 Go to previous message
O.K., I just realized that not everything that gets logged to the console also gets written to the workbench log file. I ran the application with -consoleLog and picked up the stack trace from the console.
Previous Topic:Incompatible list features in Ecore
Next Topic:How to load a model conformant to the generated metamodel of an XText DSL?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:41:14 GMT 2024