Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Changing Preferences(Preferences Changed on Remote Machine)
Eclipse Changing Preferences [message #664707] Mon, 11 April 2011 16:16
cajund  is currently offline cajund Friend
Hi Folks,

I'm brand new to Eclipse - so I could be causing this issue myself, but wanted to post this as I was unable to find any real solution.

I'm on a Mac using the latest stable version of Eclipse. I also have a mounted drive (via FTP using Transmit from Panic) to my server. I Imported from a File System, and I created links (instead of copies) to the files on the server. All imported fine and I was able to edit and save changes directly to the server.

However, during the import operation, all files that were owned by my user on the server had their permissions changed to 600 (previously they were 664). This caused all kinds of problems on the server. I did verify that I could change the permissions back from within Eclipse (click 'Apply' from the Properties dialog didn't seem to work, but 'Save' did). Only the files that my user owned were changed, but I suspect that Eclipse tried to change the others and couldn't.

This, of course, is a major problem for me, and maybe there is a better war to do this (still learning about 'Publishing' to 'Servers'). But if there some setting in Eclipse that will prevent this from happening automatically, maybe some place where I can set default permissions, or tell Eclipse to use what it finds on the server, I would be happy to know about it.

Other than this, I am eager to make the transition to the platform.

Thanks everyone.
Previous Topic:"assist complete" not very complete... Missing items.
Next Topic:Open Declaration opens class file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:21:08 GMT 2024