Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Running Java files through Eclipse
Running Java files through Eclipse [message #664504] Sun, 10 April 2011 08:14 Go to next message
Jonathan Camilleri is currently offline Jonathan CamilleriFriend
In order to run a little Java code-snippet, I have to load the file from the windows explorer, and, create a custom configuration through Run > Run As, as per screenshots at http://cid-b712073b3513eb8e.office.live.com/view.aspx/.Publi c/eclipse%20-%20scr.doc.

Is there a faster way of executing .java file to recognize java files, by automatically recognizing that the file is a Java file?

I also have another issue on getting a plug-in (JFormDesigner - downloaded from h/www.formdev.com) to display the form designer, because whilst this is being displayed under Eclipse SDK Installation Details, as a plug in (because I copied the files over to the /plug-in sub-directory, I am not sure how to activate it. Do I call it specifically?

Coincidentally I have a problem executing javac.exe within the command line, due to a possible problem with PATH or Win XP., as described at http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1302418589.

Eclipse SDK 3.6.2

Re: Running Java files through Eclipse [message #664546 is a reply to message #664504] Mon, 11 April 2011 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Run As Java Application would have worked if the class file is in the Eclipse project and has a main function.

To run a code snippet, I just copy and paste the snippet in the package explorer. It creates a dummy project and creates the file also and then running becomes easy.
Re: Running Java files through Eclipse [message #664548 is a reply to message #664546] Mon, 11 April 2011 05:34 Go to previous message
Jonathan Camilleri is currently offline Jonathan CamilleriFriend
Thanks
Previous Topic:Eclipse Code Configuration
Next Topic:Generate comments programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:12:56 GMT 2024