Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Feature-based self-hosting mode not supported?
Feature-based self-hosting mode not supported? [message #664182] Thu, 07 April 2011 18:24 Go to next message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

I was looking through some code related to feature-based launching for RAP and found that IPDELauncherConstants.USEFATURES is marked as deprecated. The comment said that "As of 3.6 the feature-based self-hosting option is not supported". I though this was just added in 3.6, so what does this mean for the future?
Re: Feature-based self-hosting mode not supported? [message #664422 is a reply to message #664182] Fri, 08 April 2011 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Curtis Windatt is currently offline Curtis WindattFriend
Feature based launching is a new feature for 3.6 and is fully supported in the UI.

Feature based self-hosting is an old feature that is replaced with the new feature based launching support. It used a special workspace setup to replicate an update configurator startup based on features. This mode is deprecated because no one knew how to set it up and few people are developing with update configurator (p2's simple configurator has replaced it).
Re: Feature-based self-hosting mode not supported? [message #664653 is a reply to message #664422] Mon, 11 April 2011 14:12 Go to previous message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

Thanks Curtis,

I found IPDELauncherConstants.USE_CUSTOM_FEATURES which is what I was looking for.
Previous Topic:Getting "Cannot complete the install because of a conflicting dependency" without details
Next Topic:Custom Java Exception Breakpoint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:03:57 GMT 2024