Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Column types of SQLite data source are all strings(and therefore grouping fails)
Column types of SQLite data source are all strings [message #664059] Thu, 07 April 2011 10:56 Go to next message
Jani  is currently offline Jani Friend
Using BIRT Report Designer 2.6.2 in Linux.

I have a SQLite database (SQlite version 3.7.2) and I'm able to access it with Xerial JDBC driver (http://www.xerial.org/trac/Xerial/wiki/SQLiteJDBC).

When I was trying to group data I noticed that BIRT thinks that all columns are strings and therefore report preview complains that Setting a numeric interval on a column with type String is not supported.

I can see from data set (Edit Data Set-dialog > Output Columns) that indeed all columns type are strings even I do have a several integer columns in the database like:

age_years INTEGER NOT NULL,
age_days INTEGER NOT NULL,

I can redefine a column type in Edit Data Set-dialog and change the type from string to integer, but it has no effect. When eclipse is restarted the refinition disappears.

[Updated on: Thu, 07 April 2011 10:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Column types of SQLite data source are all strings [message #664067 is a reply to message #664059] Thu, 07 April 2011 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And also all kind of numerical sorting is impossible as the sorting order is 10, 1, 2 ...
Re: Column types of SQLite data source are all strings [message #664070 is a reply to message #664067] Thu, 07 April 2011 12:01 Go to previous message
And this also might be the root cause why some of my number formats don't have effect.
Previous Topic:How to assign a resource file to a locale
Next Topic:Automatic Reporting
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:49:25 GMT 2024