Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » cannot create a new JDBC data source(cannot create a new JDBC data source)
cannot create a new JDBC data source [message #663594] Tue, 05 April 2011 18:33 Go to next message
kayanserdar is currently offline kayanserdarFriend
hi there,

I am very new to BIRT and your help is much appreciated to resolve below issue.
I have setup few jdbc connection with no issues and able to query data with no isues.
I have just tried to create another jdbc connection to another DB under Data Source explorer and it is always giving me below error:
"There is an error in get connection, Io exception: The network adapter could not establish the connection "
I have searched similar topics but none was useful so far to resolve this issue.
I am still able to use other JDBC connection and same jdbc driver is used for all connection. This DB can also be reached via toad and no issues there.

Settings for problematic jdbc connection is below:
BIRT : 2.6.1
Database class: Oracle.jdbc.oracledriver(v10.2)
Database URL:jdbc:oracle:thin:@IP address:1521:dbname

Stack Trace:
org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCException: There is an error in get connection, Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.doCo nnect(JDBCDriverManager.java:262)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.getC onnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:186)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.tryC reateConnection(JDBCDriverManager.java:706)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.JDBCDriverManager.test Connection(JDBCDriverManager.java:612)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.DriverLoader.t estConnection(DriverLoader.java:120)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.util.DriverLoader.t estConnection(DriverLoader.java:133)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelecti onPageHelper.testConnection(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:687 )
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelecti onPageHelper.access$7(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:655)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ui.profile.JDBCSelecti onPageHelper$7.widgetSelected(JDBCSelectionPageHelper.java:5 78)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListe ner.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.ja va:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3657)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825 )
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.actions.ViewPropertyAc tion.run(ViewPropertyAction.java:179)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498 )
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidget Selection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Act ionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEven t(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java :84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.ja va:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java :3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.jav a:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:24 38)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault (Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Work bench.java:664)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.j ava:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start (IDEApplication.java:115)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Eclips eAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher .start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:369)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseS tarter.java:179)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java: 619)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:574)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1407)

[Updated on: Tue, 05 April 2011 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cannot create a new JDBC data source [message #663621 is a reply to message #663594] Tue, 05 April 2011 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard A. Polunsky is currently offline Richard A. PolunskyFriend

You need to verify:

Is the @IP address correct for that server
Is that instance of Oracle listening on port 1521
Where you have "dbname" that needs to be the SID of the database (ask your DBA)
And of course you need to be sure that your user name (schema) and password are correct.

Richard
Re: cannot create a new JDBC data source [message #663622 is a reply to message #663621] Tue, 05 April 2011 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Richard, thanks for your reply.
I have verified all settings and they are correct. As I mentioned previously, the same settings is working when i have tried to reach that db via toad.

Also we have same settings on another server and works with no problem.

Any help will be great Smile
Re: cannot create a new JDBC data source [message #666250 is a reply to message #663622] Tue, 19 April 2011 15:38 Go to previous message
it appears that there was missing FW rule between server where BIRT is running to DB source which is in another network,

Cheers,
Smile

Previous Topic:HTML tidy errors
Next Topic:Need advice/guidance on how to create a generated Table Of Content(TOC)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:44:28 GMT 2024