Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » Change help text in properties view
Change help text in properties view [message #662198] Tue, 29 March 2011 17:01 Go to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Messages: 702
Registered: November 2009
Senior Member
Hi all,

when selecting a attribute in the properties view a short help text is displayed in eclipse's status bar. This text always shows The [attribute name] of the [meta-class name]. How can this text be customized like it is done in the ecore model tree editor.

Ralph
Re: Change help text in properties view [message #662239 is a reply to message #662198] Tue, 29 March 2011 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30559
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ralph,

All such strings are in the plugin.properties of the generated *.edit
project.


ralph. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> when selecting a attribute in the properties view a short help text is
> displayed in eclipse's status bar. This text always shows The
> [attribute name] of the [meta-class name]. How can this text be
> customized like it is done in the ecore model tree editor.
>
> Ralph
Re: Change help text in properties view [message #662351 is a reply to message #662239] Wed, 30 March 2011 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Messages: 702
Registered: November 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I thought of doing this without touching a generated plug-in. Is there no way to do this via Annotations etc. and to get this generated afterwards?

Ralph
Re: Change help text in properties view [message #662446 is a reply to message #662351] Wed, 30 March 2011 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30559
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ralph,

There's the Property Description property in the GenFeature you could
set instead.


ralph. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought of doing this without touching a generated plug-in. Is there
> no way to do this via Annotations etc. and to get this generated
> afterwards?
>
> Ralph
Re: Change help text in properties view [message #663184 is a reply to message #662446] Mon, 04 April 2011 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Messages: 702
Registered: November 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

is there a way to set this text automated when generating the genmodel. I thought about something like a transformation that gets automatically executed. Is there a way to hook into the transformation process? In the same way one can do it in GMF. This would allow me to annotate descriptions in the ecore meta model.

Ralph
Re: Change help text in properties view [message #663305 is a reply to message #663184] Mon, 04 April 2011 14:54 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Messages: 30559
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Ralph,

No, there's no mechanism for that.


ralph. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to set this text automated when generating the
> genmodel. I thought about something like a transformation that gets
> automatically executed. Is there a way to hook into the transformation
> process? In the same way one can do it in GMF. This would allow me to
> annotate descriptions in the ecore meta model.
>
> Ralph
Previous Topic:[CDO] IllegalStateException: Not able to update container columns of CDOResource with id OID:http://
Next Topic:Dynamically extending a model using an xsd scheme
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Thu Oct 24 02:32:46 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02039 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top