Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Component will not get activated
Component will not get activated [message #660661] Sun, 20 March 2011 20:26
Karl Weber is currently offline Karl WeberFriend
I am a little bit at a loss...

I have created an "empty" e4 RPC application based on 4.1M6 in a first bundle. So far, it only shows an empty window. This first bundle is in the state RESOLVED -- which is fine.

Then I added a second bundle with a service component with policy immediate="true". However, the component will not get activated since the second bundle is also in the state RESOLVED. So I have to put the second bundle in the state ACTIVE in order to get the component activated as well.

When I start the product with -console in the launch configuration of the product in the eclipse SDK 4.1M6, I can activate the bundle with start bundle_id on the osgi console. This works, the component gets activated. I can do the same with the exported product. All fine so far.

However, I want the second bundle to get activated automatically.

So I set the start level to 4 (the default start level) and set auto-start to true in the launch configuration of the product. When I start the launch configuration in eclipse, everything is still fine, the second bundle and the component get activated automatically.

However, if I add the same settings to the product definition (Configuration > Start Levels) and export the product, it will no longer run! I get the following error message in configuration/...log:

!SESSION 2011-03-20 21:14:00.238 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_20
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2011-03-20 21:14:01.120
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)

What did I miss?
Previous Topic:Remove Eclipse update sites from my RCP product
Next Topic:Strange version range behaviour when updating
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:38:06 GMT 2024