Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » PHP Development Tools (PDT) » PHPUnit and Eclipse Helios Integration - console output with --colors argument
PHPUnit and Eclipse Helios Integration - console output with --colors argument [message #660425] Fri, 18 March 2011 11:42 Go to next message
Tony  is currently offline Tony Friend
I have followed this tutorial to integrate PHPUnit with eclispse helios as an external tool, and it works pefectly.

The only thing i would like is for the console output to display the red or green bar. Adding the --colors parameter to the external tools argument doesn't stop PHPUnit from running, but it does add non-standard characters to the console output (colour formatting i assume?).

I am running windows 7 64bit.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2011 11:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: PHPUnit and Eclipse Helios Integration - console output with --colors argument [message #660429 is a reply to message #660425] Fri, 18 March 2011 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dominik is currently offline dominikFriend
On 2011-03-18 12:42, Tony wrote:
> The only thing i would like is for the console output to display the red or
> green bar. Adding the --colors parameter to the external tools argument doesn't
> stop PHPUnit from running, but it does add non-standard characters to the output
> (colour formatting i assume?).
> I am running windows 7 64bit.

You probably see ansi codes for colors.
I doubt that eclipse supports that in console :(

/dmc
Re: PHPUnit and Eclipse Helios Integration - console output with --colors argument [message #660632 is a reply to message #660429] Sun, 20 March 2011 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tony  is currently offline Tony Friend
Does the eclipse console defer the execution of the program to the windows shell (cmd.exe), and captures it's output? I think i read somewhere how to get colours on the windows command prompt, and that might work in the eclipse console if the above is true.
Re: PHPUnit and Eclipse Helios Integration - console output with --colors argument [message #663871 is a reply to message #660632] Wed, 06 April 2011 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KUBO Atsuhiro is currently offline KUBO AtsuhiroFriend
Hi, we've developed a Eclipse plugin that integrates PHPUnit (and other Frameworks) with PDT. It works with Windows. For more information, see our project page.
Re: PHPUnit and Eclipse Helios Integration - console output with --colors argument [message #1010379 is a reply to message #660425] Sun, 17 February 2013 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Josh Woodcock is currently offline Josh WoodcockFriend
There is an excellent step by step walk through step up instructions for phpunit plugin 'MakeGood' for eclipse out there just search 'Agile SDK Tutorial' on youtube.
Re: PHPUnit and Eclipse Helios Integration - console output with --colors argument [message #1065096 is a reply to message #1010379] Mon, 24 June 2013 11:13 Go to previous message
Jessica Pinto is currently offline Jessica PintoFriend
Is there another Eclipse plugin that integrates PHPUnit..?

_________
agile testing
Previous Topic:[Solved] The old chestnut: xdebug not stopping at breakpoints
Next Topic:Extending PDT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:23:37 GMT 2024