Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Beginner transitioning from VB to Eclipse
Beginner transitioning from VB to Eclipse [message #660356] Fri, 18 March 2011 05:33
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Hi, I've taken an computer programming class in my high school class, but we only use visual basic studio express 2010, which is a windows only program. I've looked at Xcode but I seem to neither fit the age requirement or fulfill the "business" section or w/e its called.
So I've tried eclipse.
Sounds great, but all I ever did in Visual Basic is create a new project console(empty project), then created a new item (C++ file). And that's pretty much it. I don't know the exact reason, but I am also supposed to use the start/continue button(which I have to get from the extra buttons) rather than the run/debug button that is already on the toolbar.
So on the first look of Eclipse, I was simply mind blown and the tutorials don't seem to help me, either because the server is down or that it seems to be either an outdated or windows version of screenshots.
Based on the instructions I listed on what I did for Visual Basic, can someone help me get started with Eclipse because I never pent a day in that high school course where the teacher talked about all these abbreviations here for programming, 99% of which I don't even know about to this day. The reason I need to find out soon is because I may need to email my own C++ files to myself so I can finish them up quicker at home(since the projects are usually all classwork, but I need to finish early and catch up on my other classes).
Thank you!
Previous Topic:Images Not Displayed In Help File
Next Topic:mr
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:41:05 GMT 2024