Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Resource problem - Eclipse/Tomcat(Running a project w/Tomcat fails, .war file works)
Resource problem - Eclipse/Tomcat [message #659056] Thu, 10 March 2011 19:50
Neil B. Cohen is currently offline Neil B. CohenFriend
I'm brand new to Eclipse. Attempting to teach myself about Eclipse and at the same time explore Vaadin. A couple of issues:

1) Running Fedora 14 (32 bit). Did a 'yum install eclipse' and found that Vaadin absolutely won't run. Removed all the eclipse rpm packages, downloaded the eclipse (binary) tarball, installed that and Vaadin seems to work fine... Annoying but not fatal

2) Created the first Vaadin demo as a project. When I try to runAs -> Server, where my server is Tomcat, about 80% of the time, I get a 'Resource not available' error. No indication of what resource is tied up or missing. Stopping and restarting Eclipse sometimes lets it run once, but seldom a second time. Also, I can't seem to locate a tomcat log file - where would that be? And how can I figure out what is missing? If, instead of using the RunAs command, I Export->War and create a .war file from the project, I can copy that to my installed Tomcat server, restart it and the program runs just fine. Note that when I use the Eclipse Run command, I DID shut my other Tomcat server down.

Again - this is very annoying, but not fatal - it just takes a bit longer to do every test run of a program.

Any hints on solving (2) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

nbc
Previous Topic:Navigator not displaying new project or SVN checkouts
Next Topic:Eclipse bombing when I try to check for software updates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:37:32 GMT 2024