Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » False errors reported in the Java Editor upon restart
False errors reported in the Java Editor upon restart [message #659052] Thu, 10 March 2011 19:37 Go to next message
Gui Forget is currently offline Gui ForgetFriend
Hello,

First I apologize if I end up posting the same message twice. I couldn't find the first one I wrote in the list of messages so I'm not sure it was posted properly.

Now to my issue. I believe this started with Helios, I'm now running 3.6.2. Basically I have a workspace with several Java and non-Java projects. When I quit Eclipse, I have no errors reported in the Problems view and all my Editors are clean of errors. After I reopen Eclipse, the Problems view is still empty but the editors are reporting various errors mostly about me using Generics (for instance the type xxx is not generic; it cannot be parameterized with arguments <T>). My workspace is setup with Compiler compliance Level 1.6 and to use the default compliance settings. None of my Projects override the workspace settings.

Cleaning the workspace doesn't solve this. I also tried to enable and disable "Restore Editor state on startup" but didn't change anything. The only thing which works is to toggle the Source Compatibility to 1.5 (or 1.6 on the next startup). So it's not too bad, but it's annoying. The interesting thing to note also is that I have 3 identical workspace and this is happening only to the last 2 I created. And to be clear, I didn't copy the .metadata directory from one to another, I just created each workspace separately following a documented procedure we have at my company.

Has anyone run into a similar issue or has suggestion on how to solve this? I'm really clueless at this point.

A few more details about my installation:
- I'm using Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 3.6.2 Mac OSX 64 bits on a Macbook Pro running Mac OS 10.6.6
- I have a single Installed JRE and it's pointing to /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/ Home
- /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/ Commands/java -version returns build 1.6.0_24-b07-334-10M3326

Thanks

Gui
Re: False errors reported in the Java Editor upon restart [message #659170 is a reply to message #659052] Fri, 11 March 2011 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
Does your workspace have 1.4 projects too? When there are both kind of projects in the workspace, they were some problems. These have been fixed in the ongoing 3.7.
Re: False errors reported in the Java Editor upon restart [message #659272 is a reply to message #659170] Fri, 11 March 2011 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gui Forget is currently offline Gui ForgetFriend
No, none of my projects override the Workspace settings so they all are on 1.6. I do have 3 non-java projects though they are basic projects to store data files and scripts.
Re: False errors reported in the Java Editor upon restart [message #659919 is a reply to message #659272] Wed, 16 March 2011 06:51 Go to previous message
Satyam Kandula is currently offline Satyam KandulaFriend
What is the source level, is it also 1.5?
This problem should have got fixed in https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=186565. Can you please try out 3.7M6? If the problem persists, please do file a bug.
Previous Topic:Problems with how to begin my android apps project?? HELP!!!?
Next Topic:Can't open export dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:07:33 GMT 2024