Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] Is CDO caching a workspace path name for use on Export?
[CDO] Is CDO caching a workspace path name for use on Export? [message #658390] Tue, 08 March 2011 10:21 Go to next message
David Wynter is currently offline David WynterFriend
Hi,

I am attempting to export a 3.0 CDO repository I have stored in Derby. A
collegue is using the same model independently to me. I created the
repository from scratch and using this
http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDO/Using_the_User_Interface I attach to it (
note top image link is broken on this page).

I have zipped up my Derby repo directory and sent it to my collegue and
he connects fine. The only thing that we might have in common is that we
both check out the ecore and genmodel from the same SVN server.

When I try to Export the model Using the "Workspace..." and I select a
sub directory of a project in that workspace I get this error.

org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Could not
write file: /private/prj/desk/ExampleETL/cdo.
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Could not
write file: /private/prj/desk/ExampleETL/cdo.

That path you see there is the workspace path for my collegue, not mine,
no idea where it might get this from. If I choose the base project
directory in the workspace as a free entry ( not using the Browse
Workspace... or Browse File system... buttons), it exports fine.

Another small point, on trying to import Resource and using a absolute
path (/home/david/workspace/examplePrj) it does not find it. relative
paths only, and they are relative to my home directory. It does not
recognise '~/' as the home directory either. Are these important enough
to raise a bug for?

Another small annoying thing that might be related to this path thing.
If I open the repo in CDO Explorer and then check to see my package is
registered, it is, then try to open the Resource in the editor, it fails
because it cannot find my package. I have to go into the Workspace
Registry selection dialog, dbl click the ecore for my model (at the top
of the list), click OK and then it is 'properly' registered and I can
load it.

Thx.

David
Re: [CDO] Is CDO caching a workspace path name for use on Export? [message #658447 is a reply to message #658390] Tue, 08 March 2011 14:52 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Am 08.03.2011 11:21, schrieb David Wynter:
> Hi,
>
> I am attempting to export a 3.0 CDO repository I have stored in Derby. A collegue is using the same model independently to me. I created the repository from scratch and using this http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDO/Using_the_User_Interface I attach to it ( note top image link is broken on this page).
I've uploaded a new screen shot ;-)

>
> I have zipped up my Derby repo directory and sent it to my collegue and he connects fine. The only thing that we might have in common is that we both check out the ecore and genmodel from the same SVN server.
>
> When I try to Export the model Using the "Workspace..." and I select a sub directory of a project in that workspace I get this error.
>
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Could not write file: /private/prj/desk/ExampleETL/cdo.
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Could not write file: /private/prj/desk/ExampleETL/cdo.
Is there a stacktrace, too?

Maybe an EMF issue with linked IResources?

>
> That path you see there is the workspace path for my collegue, not mine, no idea where it might get this from.
So, when I try it here with the platform:/resource/test.project/sub/res2.xml (throught the "Workspace..." button) as resource URI it perfectly works. No errors.

Regarding the question in your subject, there is nothing in a CDO repository referencing an Eclipse workspace. Except if you used external references between your resources.

> If I choose the base project directory in the workspace as a free entry ( not using the Browse Workspace... or Browse File system... buttons), it exports fine.
>
> Another small point, on trying to import Resource and using a absolute path (/home/david/workspace/examplePrj) it does not find it. relative paths only, and they are relative to my home directory. It does not recognise '~/' as the home directory either. Are these important enough to raise a bug for?
I can perfectly import for example file://C:/develop/ws/test.project/sub/res2.xml

>
> Another small annoying thing that might be related to this path thing. If I open the repo in CDO Explorer and then check to see my package is registered, it is,
Can you post a screenshot of that?

> then try to open the Resource in the editor, it fails because it cannot find my package. I have to go into the Workspace Registry selection dialog, dbl click the ecore for my model (at the top of the list), click OK and then it is 'properly' registered and I can load it.
That doesn't sound right. Above you said you have a genmodel, so you probably don't want to use the dynamic ecore file. Is your generated model plugin properly deployed? Are the nsURIs in the plugin.xml correct?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper

Previous Topic:Model Validation
Next Topic:Custom serialization without XSD ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:34:23 GMT 2024