Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » [EMF Compare] Custom ContentProvider and LabelProvider + TransactionalEditingDomain
[EMF Compare] Custom ContentProvider and LabelProvider + TransactionalEditingDomain [message #657688] Thu, 03 March 2011 16:14 Go to next message
Sylvain Dudoit is currently offline Sylvain DudoitFriend
Hello,

I'm using EMF Compare 1.0.1 with Eclipse 3.5.2.

I want to integrate EMF Compare in my RCP application.
I already tried to implement a Handler like this :

MatchModel match = MatchService.doMatch(eObject1, eObject2, Collections.<String, Object> emptyMap());

DiffModel diff = DiffService.doDiff(match, false);
ComparisonResourceSnapshot snapshot = DiffFactory.eINSTANCE.createComparisonResourceSnapshot();
snapshot.setDiff(diff);
snapshot.setMatch(match);

ModelCompareEditorInput input = new ModelCompareEditorInput(snapshot);
CompareUI.openCompareEditor(input, true);

My problems are :
- The two EObjects come from a TransactionalEditingDomain. Then, the commit of changes is a problem since it doesn't use transactions.
- How can I customize the viewers in order to put my customized LabelProvider and my Filter or Decorator.

Thank you for your answer,
Sylvain
Re: [EMF Compare] Custom ContentProvider and LabelProvider + TransactionalEditingDomain [message #665089 is a reply to message #657688] Wed, 13 April 2011 08:51 Go to previous message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Sylvain,

The merging process of EMF Compare does not use transactions for now. We do have a bug opened for it, but that is not a planned enhancement, so I don't know when it will be implemented.

As for providing you own label providers, the EMF Compare viewers are currently not really customizable as we haven't finalized their API yet. We hope for the UI aspects to be customizable for EMF Compare 1.3 (June 2012).

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Previous Topic:[EMF Compare] Ecore diagram for EMF Compare metamodel?
Next Topic:Functional IDs and other customisations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:30:23 GMT 2024