|Proposed changes to indexing and PDB API [message #657118]
||Tue, 01 March 2011 16:01
| Robert M. Fuhrer
Registered: July 2009
I'd like to make the following high-level changes to the indexing API:
- Add support for indexing documents corresponding to unsaved editor buffers.
- Make FactBase no longer a singleton.
- Make Indexer no longer a singleton. Each Indexer instance talks to a given FactBase. This permits multiple
languages' worth of indexes to each have their own FactBase, rather than their facts all being comingled.
- Remove IndexManager, which was just a facade class to wrap accessing the singleton Indexer instance.
- Remove the FactBase argument from IFactGenerator, and have its generate(...) method return an IValue, so that
generators just generate, and the framework takes care of writing to the FactBase.
Robert M. Fuhrer
Research Staff Member
Programming Technologies Dept.
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
IDE Meta-tooling Platform Project Lead (http://www.eclipse.org/imp)
X10: Productive High-Performance Parallel Programming (http://x10.sf.net)
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01971 seconds