Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [CDO] TimeoutRuntime Exception while opening a session(Unable to open a session on a CDO Repository)
[CDO] TimeoutRuntime Exception while opening a session [message #655918] Wed, 23 February 2011 10:09 Go to next message
manasa  is currently offline manasa Friend
Messages: 32
Registered: October 2010
Member
Hi,

I am trying out CDO tutorial, my CDO server is set up and is running, following the steps in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Setting_up_a_CDO_Server.

But when i try to add a session on the given port(2036) in my client( cdo-server-xml
<acceptor type="tcp" listenAddr="0.0.0.0" port="2036">
</acceptor>)
I get an TimeoutRuntime Exception saying,

Unable to open a session on the specified repository.
org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException.

I see from other similar posts that some net4j plugins are not added, on clicking Add Required plugins, and hence the problem.
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=159149& amp;start=0&S=911c4e3ce991f567aeda2805d9169019
But i have manually checked all the net4j plugins in my launch configuration, and I see the same problem.

Though I see in my console that the CDO server has started, I am not able to reach the port 2036, using telnet too.
Can anyone clarify, if i am missing some prerequisite before creating a session.
Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Manasa
Re: [CDO] TimeoutRuntime Exception while opening a session [message #655926 is a reply to message #655918] Wed, 23 February 2011 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6446
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Am 23.02.2011 11:10, schrieb manasa:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying out CDO tutorial, my CDO server is set up and is running, following the steps in http://wiki.eclipse.org/Setting_up_a_CDO_Server
>
> But when i try to add a session on the given port(2036) in my client( cdo-server-xml
> <acceptor type="tcp" listenAddr="0.0.0.0" port="2036">
> </acceptor>)
> I get an TimeoutRuntime Exception saying,
>
> Unable to open a session on the specified repository.
> org.eclipse.net4j.util.concurrent.TimeoutRuntimeException.
>
> I see from other similar posts that some net4j plugins are not added, on clicking Add Required plugins, and hence the problem.
> http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=159149& amp;start=0&S=911c4e3ce991f567aeda2805d9169019
> But i have manually checked all the net4j plugins in my launch configuration, and I see the same problem.
After checking them manually, have you pressed "Add Required..." again?

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper


>
> Though I see in my console that the CDO server has started, I am not able to reach the port 2036, using telnet too.
> Can anyone clarify, if i am missing some prerequisite before creating a session.
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Regards,
> Manasa


Re: [CDO] TimeoutRuntime Exception while opening a session [message #655928 is a reply to message #655926] Wed, 23 February 2011 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manasa  is currently offline manasa Friend
Messages: 32
Registered: October 2010
Member
Yes, i have tried clicking Add Required Plugins, and without clicking it, after manually checking plugins.
But no luck with it.

Regards,
Manasa
Re: [CDO] TimeoutRuntime Exception while opening a session [message #655930 is a reply to message #655928] Wed, 23 February 2011 11:16 Go to previous message
Eike Stepper is currently offline Eike StepperFriend
Messages: 6446
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Please double check that not only the org.eclipse.net4j plugins are active but also these:

/org.eclipse.emf.cdo.net4j
/org.eclipse.emf.cdo.server.net4j

Cheers
/Eike

----
http://www.esc-net.de
http://thegordian.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/eikestepper



Am 23.02.2011 11:56, schrieb manasa:
> Yes, i have tried clicking Add Required Plugins, and without clicking it, after manually checking plugins. But no luck with it.
>
> Regards,
> Manasa


Previous Topic:running validation from an application (or a junit test)
Next Topic:[CDO] Net4j old version of h2 Db used in plugin
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sun Oct 20 18:42:16 GMT 2019

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top