Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Marketplace Client Project » Install multiple soultions via Marketplace Client
Install multiple soultions via Marketplace Client [message #655616] Tue, 22 February 2011 00:03 Go to next message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
Hi,

The workflow of the install-dialog is a bit confusing.
If I select a solution from a catalog the wizard jumps automatically to the next page ("Confirm Selected Features") where the selected dependencies get resolved and I can install.

In this scenario it is not possible to select multiple solutions from the catalog (because as soon as I select someting the wizard moves on).
But if I go one step backward in the wizard (from the "Confirm Selected Features" page to the Catalog-Listing) the former selected solution is still selected ("Install pending") and now I can select other solutions without automatically get redirected to the next wizard page.

Is it possible to disable the automatic redirecting, and if yes how? the Wizard should have a consistent behavior on clicking on a solution and it is really annoying always to move a step backward when installing more than one solution.

Thanks
Tom
Re: Install multiple soultions via Marketplace Client [message #656924 is a reply to message #655616] Tue, 01 March 2011 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ian Skerrett is currently offline Ian SkerrettFriend
The flow was designed to be optimized for a single product install. We wanted to get as close as possible to a single click install.

I am not sure if you can override this option.
Re: Install multiple soultions via Marketplace Client [message #657437 is a reply to message #655616] Wed, 02 March 2011 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Ehrnhoefer is currently offline Thomas EhrnhoeferFriend
Hi Tom

Benjamin Muskalla would probably know best if changing this behaviour would be possible (and possible for the upcoming milestone, depending on the work involved).
He is a CeBit currently, so please stay tuned until early next week for an answer from him

Thanks
Re: Install multiple soultions via Marketplace Client [message #657586 is a reply to message #657437] Thu, 03 March 2011 11:33 Go to previous message
Tom Seidel is currently offline Tom SeidelFriend
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for following up. There is already a bug filed in bugzilla, see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=337774

Tom

[Updated on: Thu, 03 March 2011 11:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:MPC downloads?
Next Topic:MarketPlace didn't work with my RCP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:27:52 GMT 2024