Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » DTP » Is it possible to use DTP to connect to server running SSL
Is it possible to use DTP to connect to server running SSL [message #654947] Thu, 17 February 2011 17:41 Go to next message
Thomas.K.Hill is currently offline Thomas.K.HillFriend
I woud like to use DTP to connect to an Apache Derby Network Server running SSL. Is that possible? How would I reference my keyfile containing the certificate that DTP would need to use? (note: this is not about using DTP features programmatically, but about using the plugin interactively as a front-end) Tx

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2011 18:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is it possible to use DTP to connect to server running SSL [message #655596 is a reply to message #654947] Mon, 21 February 2011 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Fitzpatrick is currently offline Brian FitzpatrickFriend
Unfortunately I really have no idea. I've never tried using SSH in a JDBC connection.

You might try creating a custom driver instance for your Derby jar and adding the keyfile as a second file loaded into the URL loader, but I suspect it would barf on that.

This is not something we've investigated in the past, so please feel free to create a new feature request for Connectivity. I'm not sure when or if we'd be able to address it, but it it's definitely an interesting use case.

--Fitz
Re: Is it possible to use DTP to connect to server running SSL [message #656282 is a reply to message #655596] Thu, 24 February 2011 21:41 Go to previous message
Thomas.K.Hill is currently offline Thomas.K.HillFriend
Hello,
thanks for your reply. I am quite surprised that this is not a feature yet (so the DTP plugin can not be used as a graphical front-end to data base server running SSL). I will file a feature request (now need to find out how to do this first).
Regards
Thomas
Previous Topic:60 row max displayed in sql results window
Next Topic:MySQL schema not shown in 'data source explorer' view - Helios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:32:37 GMT 2024