Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » flash project and flex project missing from eclipse(missing flash project and flex from eclipse new other)
flash project and flex project missing from eclipse [message #653502] Thu, 10 February 2011 01:54 Go to next message
kevin giger is currently offline kevin gigerFriend
I have two versions of eclipse one when i goto to new > other > there is the option for flex projects and flash options.

But on the second version I have there is no flex or flash listed.

How do I get flex and flash to show up?

Thanks in advance!
Re: flash project and flex project missing from eclipse [message #653749 is a reply to message #653502] Thu, 10 February 2011 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I installed on linux now too and still no flex projects can anyone please help I am willing to pay for an answer since I can't find the info.
Re: flash project and flex project missing from eclipse [message #653757 is a reply to message #653749] Fri, 11 February 2011 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 2011.02.10 16:25, kevin giger wrote:
> I installed on linux now too and still no flex projects can anyone
> please help I am willing to pay for an answer since I can't find the info.

I, for one, don't know what you are talking about. Is this Adobe
FlexBuilder? Or a set of plug-ins for Flex development? (I've used
FlexBuilder very briefly, that's all.) In any case, it's probably not an
Eclipse question, but one for a vertical Eclipse community. This just
might not be the correct forum.

Did you install the second Eclipse and not install the "flex and flash"
software? This is what the symptom suggests to my mind.
Re: flash project and flex project missing from eclipse [message #653764 is a reply to message #653757] Fri, 11 February 2011 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its in eclipse itself. how do i make sure that when I download or install it that the option for new flex project is enabled.

What I am talking about is when you select new then the menu opens at bottom is other. when you click that option a new box opens up and flex project is in one version I downloaded but not in the other.

The reason I don't just use the version I have that has the flex already is that it doesn't have the option when you goto window menu, select preferences, then server runtimes is missing so I can't pick red5 server. but in the version that is missing the flex project option it does have the option for server runtimes and I can pick red5 its weird I can't seem to figure this software out.
Re: flash project and flex project missing from eclipse [message #653771 is a reply to message #653764] Fri, 11 February 2011 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 23:15 -0500, kevin giger wrote:
> Its in eclipse itself. how do i make sure that when I download or install it that the option for new flex project is enabled.
>
> What I am talking about is when you select new then the menu opens at bottom is other. when you click that option a new box opens up and flex project is in one version I downloaded but not in the other.
>
> The reason I don't just use the version I have that has the flex already is that it doesn't have the option when you goto window menu, select preferences, then server runtimes is missing so I can't pick red5 server. but in the version that is missing the flex project option it does have the option for server runtimes and I can pick red5 its weird I can't seem to figure this software out.

I agree with Russell. The only flex associated with Eclipse appears to
be a framework developed by Adobe. This is not part of Eclipse. Adobe
appears to have developed tools on top of Eclipse that can be used for
flex development. Flex is not part of any of the downloads from
eclipse.org. Your best bet would be to visit the Adobe developer forums
and ask your questions there.
Re: flash project and flex project missing from eclipse [message #653959 is a reply to message #653502] Sat, 12 February 2011 03:23 Go to previous message
I found what the issue is with linux flex builder for linux is no longer available so I can add it as plugin to develop flex aplications on linux.
Previous Topic:Creating Web Services from Enterprise Bean
Next Topic:Install New Software Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:36:42 GMT 2024