Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » when and how code assist scans classpath etc?(not getting code completion for j3d)
when and how code assist scans classpath etc? [message #653497] Thu, 10 February 2011 00:29
No real name is currently offline No real nameFriend
Like most people on Windows I ended up with a few versions of JRE including the latest, then installed Eclipse 3.5, then started a J3d project but noticed I had no j3d installed, then installed binaries from java.net that ended up in the JRE that is not the default for Eclipse, then changed the default, unchecked some "hide" from the Preferences even though the default is not to hide deprecated packages like J3D, started a new project and still com.sun.j3....nothing.

Now, packages like this end up in jre/lib/ext, isn't code assist scanning the JRE for new packages? Is code assist scanning also everything I may choose to include in the Classpath, or perhaps only when the the directory name is edited, but not the contents? And where does the information for deprecated/restricted/whatever special categories comes from? Is it simply some masterlist grepped from Java's latest release notes?

Thanks
Previous Topic:ini file options
Next Topic:Making a Button clinked to a web site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 16:39:33 GMT 2024