Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Remote Search(How to open with a given directory)
Remote Search [message #653175] Tue, 08 February 2011 18:19 Go to next message
Kitesurfer () is currently offline Kitesurfer ()Friend
Hello,

I'am going to add a few new menu-items via a plugin. These menu-items are supposed to show the "Remote Search"-window where the folder to search is set programmatically. Each menu-item will get another folder to search and possibly also another filename-pattern to search.

I know how to add new menu-items, but how do I show the "Remote Search" window ? ... and how do I set the folder to search programmatically ? ... and how do I set the filename-pattern to search programmatically ?

Thanks
Re: Remote Search [message #654579 is a reply to message #653175] Wed, 16 February 2011 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nobody out there who know's how to do this ?
Re: Remote Search [message #673466 is a reply to message #654579] Mon, 23 May 2011 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anybody any ideas how to do this ?
Re: Remote Search [message #673474 is a reply to message #653175] Mon, 23 May 2011 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Kerber is currently offline David KerberFriend
[This followup was posted to eclipse.newcomer and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article <iis14n$fpd$1@news.eclipse.org>, hans.netten@gmail.com
says...
>
> Hello,
>
> I'am going to add a few new menu-items via a plugin. These menu-items are supposed to show the "Remote Search"-window where the folder to search is set programmatically. Each menu-item will get another folder to search and possibly also another filename-pattern to search.
>
> I know how to add new menu-items, but how do I show the "Remote Search" window ? ... and how do I set the folder to search programmatically ? ... and how do I set the filename-pattern to search programmatically ?
>
> Thanks

What is the "remote search" window?
Re: Remote Search [message #673652 is a reply to message #673474] Tue, 24 May 2011 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That's the search-window you get (in Helios) via menu "Search" and then "Remote..."
Re: Remote Search [message #870385 is a reply to message #673652] Mon, 07 May 2012 21:28 Go to previous message
Is there nobody out there who implemented a variant off the "Remote search" of Eclipse ? ... so searching the files on a specific directory and subfolders, displaying the searchresults on the search-tab.

At the end of the day it might be enough for me to know how to clear the Search-results tab and how to place search-results on the Search-results tab.
Previous Topic:Detect cursor movement
Next Topic:Project Organisation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:10:18 GMT 2024