Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Problem with republish not getting triggered
Problem with republish not getting triggered [message #652833] Mon, 07 February 2011 09:33 Go to next message
Erik is currently offline ErikFriend
I have a most annoying situation in Eclipse / Tomcat.

The situation i am used to is this:
- Change a Java code file
- Save the file
- Right click project and build

If the Tomcat server is not running its status changes from synchronised to republish
If the Tomcat server is running a republish automatically happens within a few seconds.
Just the way i want it.

Unfortunately i had a disk crash and i have had to switch to a different laptop and re-install everything. The new situation i'm working in is this:

- Save the file

No effect on the server wether its running or not.

The weird thing is that i can only trigger a republish with this sequence of actions:

- Save the file
- Change a Java code file again, even a dummy change like add a space
- Save the file

Then, and only then, is there an effect.
If the server is not running the status changes from synchronised to republish.
If it is running the status also cahnges from synchronised to republish but the actual republish does not occer.
The weird part being that even the rebuild does not trigger the republish, only the second edit and save of the code file.

I have installed:
Version: Helios Service Release 1 Build id: 20100917-0705
Tomcat: Version 6.0.30
When examining the server settings there is a section called "Publishing" , i have that set to "Automatically republish after a build event" with interval of 0 (zero) seconds

Anyone got any idea what's going on and what setting or log files i might examine to get it working back with a simple automatic republish after each build.
Re: Problem with republish not getting triggered [message #652880 is a reply to message #652833] Mon, 07 February 2011 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak Azad is currently offline Deepak AzadFriend
The right place to ask this question is Web Tools Project (WTP) newsgroup.
Re: Problem with republish not getting triggered [message #652887 is a reply to message #652880] Mon, 07 February 2011 13:19 Go to previous message
Erik is currently offline ErikFriend
Thank you,
continued here:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=204176& amp;start=0&S=1e9bae8960e25706601f42b593342604
Previous Topic:how do I access a handler method from a view?
Next Topic:Debug panel call stack problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:01:30 GMT 2024